What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What's a good mid range spa for the money?  (Read 2814 times)

Wirehead

What's a good mid range spa for the money?
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »
I'm looking to replace our 22 year old tub with a new mid-range tub. I want an acrylic tub rather than one of the entry level plastic tubs, but I only want to spend around 5-7K. One dealer recommended the Signature S-1, but I've seen a lot of negative reviews on Signature in my research. I understand the top brands like Sundance, Hot Springs and Bullfrog all have lower end brands, but not sure which ones are good values.

My old tub was 78" x 78", 5 person and am looking for roughly the same size. 30-40 jets, 4-6HP pump, etc. I'm not sure how long we'll be in the home, so I don't want to put a 10K tub in. Any advice on that 5-7K sweet spot?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

What's a good mid range spa for the money?
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: What's a good mid range spa for the money?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:11:01 pm »
Don't fall into horsepower ratings game.  Stay away from signature.  Hot Spot, vacanza series caldera, x series bF, E-series marquis, 200 series jacuzzi would be a few to look at

Wirehead

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:37:33 am »
Thanks hottubguy. I'll check those models out.

Smack528i

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 10:30:21 am »
I looked at a bunch and you would be hard pressed to get more bang for your buck than a Bullfrog X7 or 8. I almost got one but dealer had 5 year zero interest and I got an A7. $10,718 out the door with tax included and all the following. Steps, cover lifter, ozone, circ pump, startup chemicals and about a 6 month supply delivery. Good luck. The innards of the baseline X are very very impressive. And the LED lights on the X are better than on even the A series.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 10:30:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42