What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for Recommendations for $6-7k  (Read 4613 times)

Nick_M

Looking for Recommendations for $6-7k
« on: August 16, 2016, 02:07:03 pm »
Hello All,

First post here but been looking around for a few days.  We are in the market for our first hot tub and need some help.  First, our budget is $6-7k so please don't recommend ones higher than this.  We do realize this is on the lower end of spectrum and you get what you pay for but we also know that in all products, there are good and bad options at all price points. We are also consider buying used but that seems to be hit and miss to find something newer that is quality.

Have gone to look at a few dealers.  Currently, we are looking at the larger ones (i.e., 92x92) that either fit 5-6 with a lounger or 6-7 without a lounger (not sure yet which route we will go - lounger or not).  A couple we are considering are the Vita Grand (500 Series) for around $6k and also the Evolution Stockbridge from Costco (made by Strong Spas) which is normally $7k but on sale now for $6k.  I know color doesn't matter a lot but we really like the Tuscan Sun interior with the dark brown exterior.  Are there other ones out there that we should consider in this price range?  Any thoughts on these 2?

By the way, I am in the Milwaukee, WI area and are a family of 5 (mostly tall and slender) if that helps.

Thanks!
Nick

Hot Tub Forum

Looking for Recommendations for $6-7k
« on: August 16, 2016, 02:07:03 pm »

MarKee

Re: Looking for Recommendations for $6-7k
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »
It might be stretching your budget a little bit, but you might take a look at the Marquis 660 or Marquis V94 (brand new model).  The 660 is 90"x90" and the V94 is 94"x94".

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 04:55:27 pm »
First, our budget is $6-7k so please don't recommend ones higher than this.

Are there other ones out there that we should consider in this price range?  Any thoughts on these 2?

By the way, I am in the Milwaukee, WI area and are a family of 5 (mostly tall and slender) if that helps.

Thanks!
Nick

You want a quality made product from a quality manufacturer no matter the budget. Whether you were looking at a $12k spa or a $7k spa my list of manufacturers I'd recommend would be the same because they have different product lines to meet the budgets of everyone, not jus the people who are looking at the top of the line models.

The long list of spa makers I'd recommend you considering would include Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. Of course that's 9 total which may seem like a lot though not all of them will be available to you but by simply going to their websites to enter your zip code in their dealer locator you'll reduce the field when it tells you if they have a local dealer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 09:03:49 pm »

Are there other ones out there that we should consider in this price range?  Any thoughts on these 2?

Thanks!
Nick

You want a quality made product from a quality manufacturer no matter the budget. Whether you were looking at a $12k spa or a $7k spa my list of manufacturers I'd recommend would be the same because they have different product lines to meet the budgets of everyone, not jus the people who are looking at the top of the line models.

The long list of spa makers I'd recommend you considering would include Arctic, Artesian, Bullfrog, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance. Of course that's 9 total which may seem like a lot though not all of them will be available to you but by simply going to their websites to enter your zip code in their dealer locator you'll reduce the field when it tells you if they have a local dealer.

+1 to that post

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 01:23:05 pm »

Thanks!
Nick

Great answer.  The only thing I'd add is once you've found out what brands are available in your area, look at the dealer and see how reputable they are.  Then sit in them dry, try them out wet and reduce the number of brands from there.  Then just see whats left and see what works best for you.

Good luck moving forward.

jmk1234

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 03:56:14 am »
Jacuzzi J-325 is a 4-5 person tub. More so 4 as is has 4 deep bucket seats. I believe the price was somewhere around the ballpark of 6299 when i visited my dealer a few weeks ago. This particiular model has 1 pump and is a 120/240 convertible model, which could save you an electric installation initially that could save you some money. If you want a smaller tub then Jacuzzi 315 could work as welll. Both of these models are 120/240 convertible

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 03:56:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42