What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: emerald classic 699  (Read 3169 times)

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
emerald classic 699
« on: September 01, 2016, 07:40:48 pm »
Hey guys, been a long time since I been on but now I need some help. My emerald classic 699 is now 11 years old and up to a couple of days ago still working fine. I added water to it and the next day I noticed that on the bottom of the digital display three little dots were flashing. Right to the owners manual and it said to try operating all the valves which I did. Also try cleaning the filter and shutting the power off and recycling it which I did. Now the tub won't heat even though the temp light is on. Called dealer who said it might be a pressure switch which I can't find or a possible air bubble. opened up pipe to let water out and get rid of any air. Still no heat and the 3 lights are still flashing. Any ideas or suggestions before I call a tech?

Hot Tub Forum

emerald classic 699
« on: September 01, 2016, 07:40:48 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: emerald classic 699
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 07:57:22 pm »
Sounds like flow switch. Did emerald use geico controllers back then?  I don't think the flow switch can be replaced on those and you need to replace entire control box

thearm

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 08:21:42 pm »
hottubguy, thanks for the quick response.
Yes they still used the Geico controllers (SC3) model. Anyway I can be sure before I go and buy a new controller?  I would guess both the flow switch and the pressure switch is located in the power pak since it does not show in the schematic.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 08:38:38 pm »
Pretty sure the pressure switch is on top of the heater. Take the 2 or 4 screws off the control pak and its on the bottom attached to heater. The flow switch is part of the board so is not replaceable.  I doubt it's the pressure switch but is a cheap enough try before having to shell out big bucks for replacement pak. I'm a Nordic dealer and I think they used the same controllers back then. When people have that problem and the tub is in otherwise good shape I sell them all new balboa equipment so that everything is replaceable. Ends up being about the same money but if you have the problem again the flow switch is replaceable

thearm

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 09:25:08 pm »
ok thanks again. Will check out tomorrow after work. I will let you know how I make out.

thearm

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 07:34:13 am »
hottubguy,
It was the pressure switch. Dealer had one in stock. Replaced it and was back in tub this morning thank goodness. Amazing how much you miss it when you have used almost everyday for 11 years and then don't have it to use. Thanks again for your input. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 07:34:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42