What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circulation pump continues to run  (Read 2237 times)

Partsman41953

Circulation pump continues to run
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:33:33 am »
Hi all,

I have an outdoor spa that I have been slowly trying to get back into running condition. I have replaced both pumps, the booster pump and ozinator along with the control box (AP-4 Spa Builders) along with the topside control panel. I am getting ready to sell my house so I wanted to make sure the spa was working properly before I did so. My problem is the circulation pump continues to run even after the spa has reached the correct temperature. What possibly could be the problem. I do not want it to run all the time. I have the timer set to run at different times but it just runs all the time. I have it set at 85 degrees but it gets up to 88 degrees. I have not noticed if it would get hotter. I am not sure if it is the thermostat or timer. How would I go about testing each unit, if it is one of these or not.

I would appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Circulation pump continues to run
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:33:33 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Circulation pump continues to run
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:20:14 pm »
Hi all,

I have an outdoor spa that I have been slowly trying to get back into running condition. I have replaced both pumps, the booster pump and ozinator along with the control box (AP-4 Spa Builders) along with the topside control panel. I am getting ready to sell my house so I wanted to make sure the spa was working properly before I did so. My problem is the circulation pump continues to run even after the spa has reached the correct temperature. What possibly could be the problem. I do not want it to run all the time. I have the timer set to run at different times but it just runs all the time. I have it set at 85 degrees but it gets up to 88 degrees. I have not noticed if it would get hotter. I am not sure if it is the thermostat or timer. How would I go about testing each unit, if it is one of these or not.

I would appreciate any help anyone could offer.

Thanks.

First off find out if it is supposed to run 24/7. Have you programmed the control for it not to run 24/7? Can you? Some tubs circulate water (filter) 24/7 and only heat when called for. Set the temp to 102, see what happens. Then turn it back down and see if it cools. While your waiting, use it, after a long day of packing, bring wine and chlorine.

Any filter programming would be done at the new topside control panel. Not sure the sequence of buttons you need. Manual?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Circulation pump continues to run
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 06:20:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42