What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New HS Sovereign with a few questions  (Read 3215 times)

Swilliams97

New HS Sovereign with a few questions
« on: April 24, 2016, 11:23:52 pm »
Have my new tub and been in it a couple of times.  I seems to smell like chlorine for awhile afterwards. Is this just because it was just set up. Will this get better? Would a different chemical system help?
Also they installed the cover with the warning label towards the front instead of towards the back where it wouldn't show. The lifter screws into the side of the cover so it can't just be switched without having extra holes in the cover. When I texted  the dealer they left a message that is was supposed to be this way and would would explain when I called. I haven't done that yet. Should I insist on a new cover?
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

New HS Sovereign with a few questions
« on: April 24, 2016, 11:23:52 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New HS Sovereign with a few questions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 06:06:57 am »
Have my new tub and been in it a couple of times.  I seems to smell like chlorine for awhile afterwards. Is this just because it was just set up. Will this get better? Would a different chemical system help?
Also they installed the cover with the warning label towards the front instead of towards the back where it wouldn't show. The lifter screws into the side of the cover so it can't just be switched without having extra holes in the cover. When I texted  the dealer they left a message that is was supposed to be this way and would would explain when I called. I haven't done that yet. Should I insist on a new cover?
Thanks

Chlorine kills the bacteria and nasty stuff you introduced to the tub when you soaked. Your going to get some smell from it. If the cover is supposed to be installed with the warning label where you can see it, maybe it should be left that way?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 08:04:32 am »
As far as the Chlorine smell, when are you adding chlorine?   We use our tub nightly and I add just enough chlorine as we get out of the tub.  The chlorine level is usually near zero when we get in. (not have been at or near zero that long)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 11:41:26 am »

Thanks

No you shouldn't.  The warning label by law has to face out.  Since you purchased a Hot Spring (Watkins makes their own lifts and covers) they put the metal plates on only one side of the cover.  If you screw into the side with the warning label, you will only get foam and destroy your cover.

Other cover manufacturers put the warning label on both sides of the cover, so you're going to see it anyway.

bud16415

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 02:36:59 pm »
Not to mention the handle to open it would be on the back. I don’t care for the big sticker on my windshield visor on my car that’s telling me about air bags, but that’s the way it is.

Work closely with your dealer the first couple months until you get the hang of what sanitizing method works best for you. I do ours very much like wmccall mentioned above.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:11:48 pm »
I'd rather smell a touch of chlorine instead of funky water. Adjust down cautiously.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:11:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42