What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Purchase Paperwork  (Read 3753 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Spa Purchase Paperwork
« on: July 20, 2004, 01:29:48 pm »
What papers do buyers sign when buying a spa?  Does HS or Sundance make you sign any contracts/paperwork stating that that dealer must service your spa?  I am trying to find the legalities (sp) of the purchase and if technically any dealer can service a spa whether warranty or non-warranty related.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Purchase Paperwork
« on: July 20, 2004, 01:29:48 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Spa Purchase Paperwork
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 02:19:15 pm »
Dazedandconfused:

Hotspring and Sundance do not make you the consumer sign anything.  The dealer, in their agreement with the manufacturer, requires the dealer to service any spa they sell.  In return the manufacturer gives the dealer a protected territory usually by county.  Any Sundance dealer can service a Sundance spa if they choose, but it is a requirement to service the spas they sell, and any Hotspring dealer can service a Hotspring spa if they choose, but they must service the ones they sell.  

Both manufacturers allow the dealer to charge a reasonable per-trip charge to go to your house.  It can be $25, $50, $100, but if the spas were 100 miles away (the distance between Jacksonville and Daytona Beach or Philadelphia and New York City) it would not be profitable to charge less than $300 dollars in my opinion.  I said $150 in my earlier posts, but it isn’t worth $150 dollars for a whole days work.  That would be the only spa they would work on all day.
I hope this helps, and good luck with your purchase.
Chris H

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 02:33:33 pm »
Dazed,
If I were you I'd make sure the dealer signs off that they will service your spa and I'd get it in writing what you'd be looking at for a trip charge. I'd make sure this was spelled out on the sales invoice and signed by the dealer (not just the sales guy). Actually, I'd be purchasing locally (you're sure the local guy won't meet you part way?) but that's a different story. Think this through clearly to understand what your after sales costs ($, time and frustration) will be.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 06:25:32 pm »
I didn't sign anything from Sundance when we bought our spa.  We signed a receipt when installation was complete, but that was between the dealer and us.
We got a warranty copy, and other ownership papers and owner manuals fom the installers before they left.
The warranty for our spa can be seen on the Sundance web site if you are curious.

Any Sundance dealer should be authorized to service any Sundance spa under the terms of the warranty.
Like Chris said, your selling dealer is obligated to service your spa.  
If you live far enough away from them, they have the right, under the terms of the warranty, to charge for travel time.
If you did not buy your spa from your local dealer, and you ask them to service your spa, they may choose to do so, and they will get reimbursed for warranty service.  But I don't think they are obligated to do the work.  They also would likely give their own customers the nod for service attention.  Meaning you may be at the bottom of their pile for as long as their own customers are keeping their service people busy.

Something to think about.

Brewman    
Brewman

poolboy34

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 11:38:44 pm »
Ok, when you purchase a spa..............read the name at the top of the contract...................it has the DEALERS' name on it, not the spa manufacturers name on it (unless the manufacturer gave the dealer franchise rights, i.e.........."beachcomber of east somewhere, USA).  Just buy your spa already, you could use the stress relief :P

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 01:18:47 am »
What papers do buyers sign when buying a spa?  Does HS or Sundance make you sign any contracts/paperwork stating that that dealer must service your spa?  I am trying to find the legalities (sp) of the purchase and if technically any dealer can service a spa whether warranty or non-warranty related.

Thanks

Let me ask the obvious. Did you ask these dealers while there? You sign the contract.

Can I ask a few questions?
What do YOU do for a living?
How long have you been looking for/purchasing a spa?
What are you so afraid of?
Are you 85 years old because it took you 55 years to purchase your house?

As an observation; you have made this very difficult and clouded the facts with mostly nonsense questions. Most of your 1000 questions bare little importance in the end result of buying a good spa. I'm all for being thorough but this I believe is a game you are playing with people here. Time to buy and stop relying so heavily on your stage name here. You have 117 posts and you are still playing a shopper? yeah..sure  

I LOVE this post of yours a month ago. (the FAST part I find amusing):

Need Opinions FAST
« on: Jun 24th, 2004, 10:00am »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, after weeks on this forum and others and countless hours of research, wet tests, etc, I am thinking about buying the following:

Sundance Cameo
Cover
Chemicals
SunLift  
SunGlow Multicolor Light  
SunZone CD Ozone
Exterior Perimeter Lights  
Handi Step
MicroClean Filter
Drink Tray  
SunScents  

I have been quoted 7900 total.  I am asking 7500 total.  My budget was 7000 but I thought the dealer and I could or might split the difference.

Any advice?  

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 01:24:04 am by Bubbles »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 01:29:35 am »
They don't call him dazedandconfused for nothing!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

autoplay

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 09:18:13 am »
Kinda reminds me of Jim's apprentice calling me via phone a year ago lol.  What the nationality of his gf/wife had to do  with purchasing/wet testing a spa,was/is beyond me LOLOL.  Sometimes,you just gotta play ball with em in a friendly fashion,and keep your reserves on the bench until warranted.

poof

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 09:18:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42