What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need opinions on the optima in sahara with sierra  (Read 5639 times)

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
Need opinions on the optima in sahara with sierra
« on: July 14, 2004, 12:47:38 pm »
The tub is going to be placed on the deck sorrounded by large oak trees and on a small lake (more like a big pond).
Would like input from optima owners and anyone order the tub with the optional remote that controls the jets and the stereo?

Hot Tub Forum

Need opinions on the optima in sahara with sierra
« on: July 14, 2004, 12:47:38 pm »

Ready2Buy1

Re: Need opinions on the optima in sahara with sie
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 04:26:48 pm »
We have that exact color combination on our Optima...and I must say we love it. The Sierra color compliments the color brick we have on our house and the interior color was chosen to compliment the surrounding patio pavers and sitting walls that we have around the spa.

We have the stereo too because we bought a floor model that already had it, rather than ordering one without....no remote though.

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 07:14:10 pm »
Did you get the led lights and are you happy with it?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 10:18:25 pm »
Get the LED lites.  You won't regret it.
BTW, we have the Sahara, but with the redwood cabinet.  Have the stereo, no remote.  

I didn't know the remote controlled the stereo and the pumps.  Is that new, or has that always been the way?
Not that you really need a remote for the pumps, it's easy enough to reach either control pad.

Brewman
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 10:20:27 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 01:03:58 pm »
We have the LED lights too...and as Brewman said, GET THEM...they are worth the additional $$$.

I thought the remote only controlled the stereo too, since the Optima has a second control panel located on the opposite side of the tub from the main control panel.

Are we happy with the Optima?.....extremely, I know we made the right choice for us.  My only complaiint would be that I would like to see the diverters to be a tad quiter when in the 50/50 position, but then again you can always crank up the tunes if you have the stereo.  :D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 02:40:19 pm »
Maybe it varies by spa.  Our Optima's diverter valves are quietest in the middle, or at each extreme.  When we go 1/4 from the middle either way is when things get noisier.  But like you said, just wind up the tunes!
Brewman
Brewman

scout045

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 01:12:30 am »
Sundance is coming out with quieter diverter valves soon.  Check with your dealer. They said they would replace mine for no charge. We just bought our tub in June.  It is a small plastic piece. It looks simple to change

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 01:12:06 pm »
Thanks for all the input, I have placed an order for the optima with led lights, stereo and the option snc remote that controls the pumps,lights and the stereo.
Paid $8500 for the tub and additional $1300 for the stereo and remote including all the extras like cover lifter wood steps etc.

Originally I had narrowed it down to the Vista and the cameo but did not care for the lounge seat and felt that the jets were better placed on the optima and felt more powerfull.

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 08:15:58 am »
I thought I would attempt a "night scene" picture to show what the LED lights looked like with the Sahara shell. I had the LED light set to the light aqua blue setting...

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 08:21:18 am »
Nice pic, Opted.  I love seeing pics of tubs in real settings.  

Sobe: that color scheme is the one I liked best!  We didnt want to wait the 6wks to order a tub so we settled for a marine blue in the sierra cabinet and we're very happy with that too.  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 08:28:54 am »
The stonework around your spa and gazebo are absolutely gorgeous.  What type of material is it?
Brewman

Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 08:38:15 am »
Very nice set-up Opted.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 09:13:50 am »
Calico,

Did you get the LED with your spa?  I am too thinking about the marine/sierra combination.  Is the marine too dark to 'see' the led effects?

How does the marine look with the sierra?

Thanks

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 09:39:25 am »
We bought the LED lighting on Saturday and had it installed for Sat. evening.  I initially thought that it wouldnt matter much with the marine blue shell, but it really does color the water splendidly.  Its not as bright as the 1st white setting, but I thought that was too bright anyhow. You cant dim the LED, but you dont need to either.  Also, you have to tap the button 3 times to turn off, and to change to next "show" requires you to shut off and turn back on.  Not a big deal.  

My only complaint about the LED lighting is that they should have left RED out of the color palette!  It looks too much like a shark bite to me!  

Our LED is MoodEFX22.  By Balboa Direct. The SD/Jacuzzi version is $220, this one was $90.  

We really like the marine blue/sierra combo.  I had pics of our setup here, but have since removed the link.  If you PM me your email, I will send you a few photos so you can see the color combo clearly.  

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 10:31:54 am »
Brewman -

The stonework (pavers and walls) are Bellguard pavers, wall stone and caps that were done by our landscaper in preparation for for the spa's arrival. It stopped raining about two hours before I toook this picture so the stonework looks a little dark, they have a brown/beige tone with red edgers around the perimeter. I will have to take a picture of what the site looks like in the daytime as well and post it.

CalicoskiesNC -
I don't care for the red light myself either, but my kids love the red light...they want the blower and pump #2 on when they are in at night and the call it their "Lava Bath"...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 10:31:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42