What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Lifter - Snow Accumulation  (Read 3408 times)

uvmskier

Cover Lifter - Snow Accumulation
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:32:31 pm »
I just ordered a Nordic Encore SE (yaaaay!) and the dealer recommended a cover lifter since we're putting the spa outdoors on a concrete pad.  There will be no roof over the spa.  I plan to clear the snow between a sliding door and the front of the spa.  The idea of a lifter made sense to me since the cover is heavy and will accumulate more water if it sits in snow while the spa is in use.  However, I'm looking at the covermate ii which the dealer recommended and I'm sort of baffled how this is going to work with the 1-3 feet of snow that is usually on the ground here in Massachusetts.  It appears that I'm going to have to shovel around the side where the lifter is installed in order for the bar to move.  It appears to me that a more logical cover would be the covermate iii or a shelf like the cover roller.

Any thoughts on what style lifter makes the most sense given that I don't want to shovel the back side of the spa and I'd like to minimize the amount of the view of the yard that is blocked by the cover?  The covermate iii seems like it would create privacy if that's the goal.  In my case, I want to see my yard.

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Lifter - Snow Accumulation
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:32:31 pm »

wt21

Re: Cover Lifter - Snow Accumulation
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 02:03:05 pm »
Yikes! 1-3 feet in Mass? Are you in Western Mass? Barring last year, we don't TYPICALLY see that much near to Boston.

If you are closer in to Boston, which dealer did you get your Nordic at? I'm contemplating a Crown XL

uvmskier

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 02:15:52 pm »
I guess your definition of "Western Massachusetts" depends on if you live inside 128, 495, or outside 495.  I live in Groton so we'd consider ourselves to be in central Massachusetts.  I bought mine at Snyder Pools in Westminister.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »
Yeah, get a covermate 1 instead.

uvmskier

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 07:58:43 pm »
Well, the dealer said they didn't recommend a covermate I because the brackets might snap off the side of the hot tub.  They said I should use the cover valet rx.  I think this will achieve my goal of not having to shovel all the way to the ground.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:09:18 pm »
Well, the dealer said they didn't recommend a covermate I because the brackets might snap off the side of the hot tub.  They said I should use the cover valet rx.  I think this will achieve my goal of not having to shovel all the way to the ground.

I'm in mass and sell a lot of covermate 1. Never had a problem with it snapping. Cover RX will do the job. It's a no frills cover catch that works well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:09:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42