What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First hot tub  (Read 3813 times)

Brian3248484

First hot tub
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:53:29 pm »
Hello everyone, I've been shopping around for a hot tub in the south Florida area near Miami.  This will be our first hot tub and we are a couple around age 30 with no children.  I'm currently getting quotes to get a 220v system put in to power whatever we end up getting.  I have been looking at various tubs in the area and we love the layout of signature serious fountain of youth (FOY), premium leisure LE 630 and 742 hot tubs  all around 5000-6000 mark new at a warehouse type location.  I have also looked at some of the smaller cheaper jacuzzi tubs as well at a full on retail store.  I also stopped into caldera but they only had 5 tubs to show on the small store and the quotes were all in the 9000-11000 mark which for a first tub seems high for us.  I also went to a not so highly reviewed dealership in Miami who sold sundance hot tubs that were all around 9-11k tubs.  Doing research has shown that even the higher end more expensive tubs seem to charge quite a bit for warranty work for travel charges and such.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.  As far as finances go i don't mind spending more if it's the difference between a 7-8 year life span verses a 20+ that these higher end tubs say they meet. 

Hot Tub Forum

First hot tub
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:53:29 pm »

JAXGal

Re: First hot tub
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 04:01:33 pm »
When I bought my Hot Springs Sovereign about 20 years ago, I went to my doctor and told her that I have always experienced lower back pain, and did she think hydrotherapy would help.  I even had the brochure, but didn't need to show it to her.  She said, it would help, so I asked her to write a prescription as if I had a doctor's prescription, I didn't have to pay for Florida sales tax.  (The Hot Springs retailer told me that hint.)
I would suggest you check to see if that is still in effect as that will save you hundreds of dollars.

Brian3248484

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 04:27:35 pm »
Yes whenever I was about to leave a place with quotes they all made sure to mention that one of us gets this superscription which saves on the sales tax.  Thanks for the reply.

lev1978

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 07:31:25 pm »
I just went looking for my 1st hot tub.  I was quoted a price of 11995. for the J275.  I read before that someone was quoted 6800 fo that same tub.  Why would these prices vary so much?

Brian3248484

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 11:53:08 pm »
Well I've been searching the internet and going to places all this week.  It seems that depending on the time of year you buy it and the location you buy it at may come into play.  For instance I found the j315 sold for 5100 in Ohio like 3 years ago but in south Florida I was quoted at 6500 this last week.  Perhaps cost of living (better paying jobs in major cities) or maybe buying in cold climate in the dead of winter is a better deal grabber.  Have you come across the premium leisure brand spas or signature spas in your area?  The info I find is disheartening for about every hot tub I look up that under 9000 grand.

Brian3248484

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 07:10:52 pm »
Hello everyone does any one have any opinions on these models that I just got to wet test elite spas 7000 for 7,700 and vita spas prestige for 7000 both new floor models?  I also wanted anyone's opinions on strong spas - Summit SL60 Hot Tub - 5 Seats on sale online for 6k haven't wet tested it yet though and one year old being repaired by the dealer caldera Martinique for around 6k that had a small crack in its shell by where your feet go.  I did get to wet test a hot springs and loved their lounger with the moving air jets but right now their out of my price range.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 07:10:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42