What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chlorine goes to zero quickly, but water looks great.  (Read 1714 times)

kurt6137

Chlorine goes to zero quickly, but water looks great.
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:18:17 am »
Quick question, I have a Hot Springs Sovereign tub about 2 years old, I just filled my water fresh again on July 1st, 2015. Had no issues until recently. I add chlorine or shock and it seems to be eaten up quickly and level goes to zero quickly. Now the Ph and Alkalinity are good, water is fairly new, usually don't have to refill until 3 or 4 months go by. Water is crystal clear, never had this issue before. What could be causing this, and the test strips our good. Also on a second note, are those jet and piping flush chemicals good to put into the tub and how often should that be done. The dealer person, said it could be a bacteria in the pipes, that needs to be flushed out, but isn't chlorine supposed to kill that, isn't it supposed to be a sanitizer ?  The guy at the store, said the bacteria puts a film around itself and the chlorine can't kill it, whats the sense of using chlorine then.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Chlorine goes to zero quickly, but water looks great.
« on: August 08, 2015, 12:18:17 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Chlorine goes to zero quickly, but water looks great.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 11:53:25 am »
Are you super chlorinating?  Are you using AG+?

Yes, when it is time to drain, flushing is a good idea.

How many people are using the tub?  How much chlorine are you adding?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

kurt6137

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 03:28:27 pm »
Yes, I am super chlorinating (shock) once a week, only 1 to 2 people max in tub.  Adding the right amount of chlorine to get the ppm recommended.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 03:28:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42