What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help, I can't figure out what is better  (Read 5810 times)

dean scheben

Help, I can't figure out what is better
« on: June 20, 2015, 02:36:40 pm »
I am looking to buy a hottub very soon. My wife and I are so busy at the moment that we can't really go do any wet testing. I am located in San Francisco, CA. I thought I had it narrowed down to a HotSpring Envoy NXT but when i got an estimate it came in at $14.456,30!! My online research indicates that this number seems kinda high?
I am also looking at the sundance cameo, the arctic spas Klondiker and the D1 chairman. The HotSprings dealer is close by and so is the D1 dealer but the sundance people have been elusive and the Arctic spa scares me a bit because the closest dealer is in Sacramento (a few hours drive from SF) and i read terrible reviews of their sales tactics and customer support.
The D1 i have read a couple of different reviews that both mentioned the jets protruding so far out that it is uncomfortable.
The sundance is often reviewed as lower quality but has a lot of die hard fans on the net.
My wife and i do want a lounger and massage jets. I feel quite overwhelmed making a decision.
can anyone help with any expertise? this will also be my first spa so i really don't know what to look out for. I have been in a hotspring spa before and really liked it but the arctic klondiker seems to have more jets. Is that a more effective massage or just more things that can break?
HELP

Hot Tub Forum

Help, I can't figure out what is better
« on: June 20, 2015, 02:36:40 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Help, I can't figure out what is better
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 03:09:37 pm »
The biggest mistake would be to not wet test...ESPECIALLY with a lounger.

You sure you're not confusing Master Spas with Arctic? I've never herd that about Arctic (though, I've only been doing this for some 30+ years)...maybe you're referring to the individual dealer??? In which case I'd run.

Don't take reviews too seriously (especially when it comes to personal preference). There's ALWAYS someone that will complain, and they usually tend to over exaggerate.

Sundance? Lower quality? This sounds rather odd as most consumers, have all of ONE spa in maybe a 10 year period. Kinda makes any kind of reasonable comparison impossible. Sundance by the way, is considered on of the top 3 or 4 brands out there.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 03:56:18 pm »
The biggest mistake would be to not wet test...ESPECIALLY with a lounger.

+1. A spa is a big investment and if you're too busy to wet test now, then wait until things slow down a bit and you can wet test. And as Dr. Spa says, especially if you're buying a spa with a lounger.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 02:22:18 am »
You're looking at some good brands, those prices seem steep.  I'm currently working at a factory event down in the Bay Area for Marquis Spas, contact me and I can get you a really good deal on a spa.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 05:33:01 pm »
You're looking at some good brands, those prices seem steep.  I'm currently working at a factory event down in the Bay Area for Marquis Spas, contact me and I can get you a really good deal on a spa.

"show guy" selling 101

Sam

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 06:56:13 pm »

"show guy" selling 101

Yep.  Those "factory events" rarely equate to the customer getting a better deal.  Those booths are expensive. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 07:43:00 pm »

"show guy" selling 101

Yep.  Those "factory events" rarely equate to the customer getting a better deal.  Those booths are expensive.

The last day of shows you can probably get a better deal on what they have left.  Markee works for the the factory so he is probably working a factory direct sale

ryan5508

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 08:19:18 pm »
The HotSpring Envoy NXT is in the $12k range around me. They are also doing a summer sale in July for around $500 less.

I like the tub a lot but the moving jet was already broken in a brand new tub on the show room floor. So who knows how many times you would have to fix it.

dean scheben

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 08:58:44 pm »
Well after I thought i had to give up on an acrylic spa i now am back trying to find a crane company that can lift it over the house within reason.
So which Spas are considered to be the best ones and why? I was looking at a HotSpring Envoy, an Arctic Spas Klondiker and a sundance spa (forgot the name) and a D1 chairman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:17:41 am »
Well after I thought i had to give up on an acrylic spa i now am back trying to find a crane company that can lift it over the house within reason.
So which Spas are considered to be the best ones and why? I was looking at a HotSpring Envoy, an Arctic Spas Klondiker and a sundance spa (forgot the name) and a D1 chairman

We can't tell you which is "best" but we certainly can tell you the ones listed all have very good reputations.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:17:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42