What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viking - Legacy II vs Heritage I?  (Read 4178 times)

Mikester

Viking - Legacy II vs Heritage I?
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:29:03 am »
My dealer carries both Sundance and Legacy.  I like the Sundance 680 series, but he's pushing me towards Viking (same price range).   I seem to like Sundance better.  But, specs of the Vikings are better - more warranty, jets, size, etc.

What do you think?  He has a Viking Legacy II for $8k and a Heritage I for $8.5 k.  The Heritage is bigger, so thinking the extra $500 may be worth it. 

I think I like the finish on Sundances better, but I'd get past that (more bang for my buck with Viking).

Also, are those good prices?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:42:56 am by Mikester »

Hot Tub Forum

Viking - Legacy II vs Heritage I?
« on: June 21, 2015, 07:29:03 am »

Sam

Re: Viking - Legacy II vs Heritage I?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 03:52:12 pm »
Sundance is a way better product than viking.  Viking uses dishonest sales tactics.  Their warranty is in no way better than the Sundance.  If you read the actual warranty it is very heavily prorated.   I find that tactic to be pretty shady.  They say they have the best warranty in the industry.  It's true that it is the longest for components, but I'd rather have a full 5 year warranty from a reputable manufacturer than a 6 year warranty that is prorated to hell and they never mentioned that part.

It sounds to me like this dealer is holding a much better margin and the salesman probably makes more at that price on the Viking.  I can't believe he would push you to a viking over Sundance.  I don't think that you will find a single person here who doesn't scoff at that notion.  There is no comparison between the 2.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Viking - Legacy II vs Heritage I?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 03:52:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42