What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: masterspa-any opinions  (Read 7518 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: masterspa-any opinions
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 03:27:02 pm »
Ask how many filters the spa your look at has, how often they need replacing, and the total cost.  I only ask because I know one Master Spa owner and his tub has 5 filters that cost over $200 to replace.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:34:45 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 03:27:02 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 09:49:07 pm »
treggert,
Here is a post from another board that I commented on the Downeast Hamptons made by Master Spa. I applies here and I didn't feel like re-typing it.

Author: stuart (63.227.141.---)
Date:   07-08-04 12:56

The hamptons this year has a very light gauge metal frame that can and will bend with the sheer size of that spa. If that happens the shell will crack.

Also go around it in the showroom and push on any panel with your knee and you will not only feel it give you might hear it crack.

I would have them pull all of the panels for you in the showroom and look at the construction then compare that to other brands. If they will pull the panels look at the sheer amount of blue glue splashed and dripped around under the spa in addition to spare pieces of cut plumbing and torn insulation laying about, this won't really cause a problem but will show you a bit about their craftsmanship and pride of work. While the panels are off get a hold of one of the metal frame supports and pull on it, with a good tug you should be able to feel the flexing in the frame and might even bend it.

Look at the bottom corners of any of the models in the showroom and you will see where the sharp metal frame is cutting through the rubber base and leaving open tears for pests to get into along with moisture. I would look at several other brands and give them the same scrutiny without just looking at the WOW factor. Discount the salesmanship and open your eyes to engineering, you might be surprised….

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 09:52:38 pm »
If you are happy with your master spa who are we to say...Hope it will last 20 or more years.Good luck JT

spaguyohio

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 10:29:36 am »
Yes they do have 5 filters. One flat, two micro, and two eco pur filters. The flat and outer round filters can last at least 2 yrs with proper cleaning, the eco pur filters can last 12-18 months if you rinse them in clear water.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 10:29:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42