What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Preparing for a new hot tub??  (Read 2693 times)

Spud

Preparing for a new hot tub??
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:19:34 am »
Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the forum and really hope you experts can assist.

I am procuring a new hot tub (my first one!!) for hydrotherapy reasons as my wife has fibromyalgia and planning to invest up to $15,000 for a pretty decent model (recommendations appreciated). However......... my summer house (log cabin) where I planning to site the tub is due to be erected next week and before I even consider jumping in and buying a hot tub, I want to make sure I prepare the cabin the best way possible to sustain it's life.  Can any of you advise on the following.......

I have a strengthened Larch flooring being fitted as my base so weight should not be an issue.....

? what treatments for rot etc. do I need to apply to floor (including the walls and roof??)
? what type of waterproof (& anti-slip) flooring is best (heavy duty linoleum? but what about airflow in between?)
? humidity extraction, recommend a humidifier and how about an extract fan for a 4.2M X 3.6M cabin?
? with the cover on whilst tub still on, will open windows be enough for air circulation or can I expect a lot of humidity which will need an extract fan being on 24/7?
? drainage - is a wet vacuum sufficient for spillages on to waterproof floor instead of fitting a drain in floor (reluctant to do this for chemically contaminated water damaging my lawn/garden)
? AM I MISSING ANYTHING  AS A 'MUST DO' before delving in to the deep end?

Thanks guys, appreciate your input.  And by the way.......I live in Scotland, UK where we get 8 months of bad weather and 4 months of winter (thus why the tub is going inside!!).  Have a great day.

Hot Tub Forum

Preparing for a new hot tub??
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:19:34 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Preparing for a new hot tub??
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:02:47 pm »
Put the hot tub outside and all of this is moot ;-). The "bad weather" is the best time to hot tub!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 12:32:17 pm »
Put the hot tub outside and all of this is moot ;-). The "bad weather" is the best time to hot tub!

Outside for sure!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 02:43:39 pm »

Outside for sure!!

+1 on putting the tub outside. Maybe build some kind of a roof over top???

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:51:15 pm »
And the water won't damage your lawn/garden. Unless your using something we don't know about?
Retired

trichert

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:44:36 pm »
I vote for indoors .. nothing like being able to use the tub whenever you want, and not needing to consider suits.  My tub is in my basement and I would never consider of putting it outdoors even though it cost me $10,000 to cut a hole in my basement to get it down there :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 08:44:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42