What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nordic Impulse DP  (Read 12747 times)

deld

Nordic Impulse DP
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:15:45 am »
Hi,

I've been reading for about a month, as I get closer to making a decision I thought I should sign up and start asking questions.

I've been thinking about a hot tub for a while and about a month ago started researching.  I'm going with no seats enclosed with arms - they make me feel claustrophobic. I'm not sold on the concept of a lounger, so I'm going to follow the advice of 'don't unless you're sure.'  I'm not big with the zillions of jets and waterfalls and bells and whistles.

Based on reading my two best options looked to be the Bullfrog 151R or one of the Nordics.  I dry tested the 151R and the seat felt narrow and there was no foot room.  It just felt awkward which is kind of sad because I like the concept.  The seats in the other Bullfrogs were far more comfortable, but to get one without a lounger you have to go up quite a way in the range.

So I sat in a Nordic Impulse DP, dry, and really liked it.  It's about the same size as the 151R and yet if felt MUCH larger.  I could stretch my legs out and not bump into everything.

So now I have the standard question.  For a Nordic Impulse DP, with ozone, cover, steps, delivery, start up chemicals, and a couple of aromatherapy things that I can give away, does $3500 sound anywhere near right?

I'm also thinking about using decomposed granite for the base.  My entire yard is rock, so I'd be switching out 1.5 inch rock for a pad of DG in the same color.  From the research it seems like that should be ok as long as it's packed really well. The other way I could go is pavers.  I'm in Vegas; the ground is notoriously hard, rain isn't much of a problem most years, and freezing is pretty much never an issue.

Hot Tub Forum

Nordic Impulse DP
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:15:45 am »

JohnnyK45

Re: Nordic Impulse DP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:25:45 am »
We recently bought a round tub as well and love it.  Member "Vangohsear" on this forum has that Bullfrog one and really likes it.  Perhaps he'll chime in, if not, you could send him a message about it as well.

Have fun in your search!

deld

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:00:05 am »
Thanks!

I checked the Viking site for an authorized dealer.  Nothing in the state, or within 100 miles.

I know there's a place that has Hot Springs.  And there's a place with Bullfrog, Caldera, Sundance, and i think Fantasy.  They may have something else, but that's most of it.  There's the place with the Nordics that also has Strong, Resort, and Clearwater.  And there's a place in Henderson that does used, Coast, Lazy Boy, and something else that didn't stick in my brain.  That's all I've seen any mention of in the area.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:31:34 pm »
Hi,

I've been reading for about a month, as I get closer to making a decision I thought I should sign up and start asking questions.

I've been thinking about a hot tub for a while and about a month ago started researching.  I'm going with no seats enclosed with arms - they make me feel claustrophobic. I'm not sold on the concept of a lounger, so I'm going to follow the advice of 'don't unless you're sure.'  I'm not big with the zillions of jets and waterfalls and bells and whistles.

Based on reading my two best options looked to be the Bullfrog 151R or one of the Nordics.  I dry tested the 151R and the seat felt narrow and there was no foot room.  It just felt awkward which is kind of sad because I like the concept.  The seats in the other Bullfrogs were far more comfortable, but to get one without a lounger you have to go up quite a way in the range.

So I sat in a Nordic Impulse DP, dry, and really liked it.  It's about the same size as the 151R and yet if felt MUCH larger.  I could stretch my legs out and not bump into everything.

So now I have the standard question.  For a Nordic Impulse DP, with ozone, cover, steps, delivery, start up chemicals, and a couple of aromatherapy things that I can give away, does $3500 sound anywhere near right?

I'm also thinking about using decomposed granite for the base.  My entire yard is rock, so I'd be switching out 1.5 inch rock for a pad of DG in the same color.  From the research it seems like that should be ok as long as it's packed really well. The other way I could go is pavers.  I'm in Vegas; the ground is notoriously hard, rain isn't much of a problem most years, and freezing is pretty much never an issue.

That's agood price for that tub with all those extras.  That's about what I sell that same tub for.  Depending on where in the country you live in another thing to think about would be the title 20 insulation.  I am up in the northeast and make it a point to order all my tubs with the extra insulation package.  Helps out a great deal in colder climates

deld

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »
Thank you, that's helpful.

The dealer has a couple of them, a glacier white with pecan, that's not bad, and a copper with mahogany that seems dark.  I asked if I could order one in different colors and he said it'd cost more.  The he'd gotten a discount on the tubs and shipping because it was an initial order.  I didn't ask how much more.

I've read about the extra insulation, but didn't ask. I didn't think it would do much out here in Vegas. We hit over 100 for, seemingly, months at a time here, but don't spend much time down around freezing.  I complain about it being cold in the middle of winter when I run out of the house in the morning in a t-shirt with no jacket.  It's been suggested that I wear a jacket.  And some days, not many, but some, there's FROST on the car windshield.  That's just not right.  :)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 08:55:29 pm »
Glacier white is there most popular color. That's what color my personal one is

deld

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »
If I was picking, I'd go French Vanilla and Pecan.  My house is cream with a caramel tan trim, so that would match better.  But Glacier's not bad.

joelc23

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 10:51:58 pm »
Hi JohnnyK45, just curious as to how your Viking 2 has held up over the years?  I'm really interested in finding a good Round hot tub and yours really inspires me but I can't find a dealer for them here in the South.  So maybe a Nordic would be good for me then.  How have you other guys liked them?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 12:09:55 am »
 Last time he was around was August by the looks of it.   Nordic builds a good spa, they have been trying to get into our showroom for some time.  We just really do not have a need for them, but I have never heard anything negative about them.   If you are looking for a round roto mold type spa try Free flow, which has been owned by a certain company for awhile now.  Solid spa as well with good backing.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 12:34:00 pm »
Hi JohnnyK45, just curious as to how your Viking 2 has held up over the years?  I'm really interested in finding a good Round hot tub and yours really inspires me but I can't find a dealer for them here in the South.  So maybe a Nordic would be good for me then.  How have you other guys liked them?

we don't carry Viking but do carry Nordic which is almost identical in build/features...Nordic is a good reliable basic tub, and yes most of the Nordic's we sell are the round units (Impulse model for the most part) just a good overall reliable tub at a good price point...service calls on them are almost non-existent, and when something does break all the parts are readily available and fairly cheap (relatively speaking)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 06:04:57 pm »
Thanks!

I checked the Viking site for an authorized dealer.  Nothing in the state, or within 100 miles.

I know there's a place that has Hot Springs.  And there's a place with Bullfrog, Caldera, Sundance, and i think Fantasy.  They may have something else, but that's most of it.  There's the place with the Nordics that also has Strong, Resort, and Clearwater.  And there's a place in Henderson that does used, Coast, Lazy Boy, and something else that didn't stick in my brain.  That's all I've seen any mention of in the area.

For that dealers inventory Nordic would be my top choice also. But your choices get better the more you want to spend. Like everything.

Nordic makes as good a mid line spa of any of their competition. Wet tests, or dry, are so important. I like open bench style also. Like the D1 Nautilis.

Go see what the guy has used. But if he has a lot of used of a certain brand be careful, the previous owners dumped them because..........Craigslist/news adds in your area might have some choices also.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 06:04:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42