What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Yipee!!! Hot tub up and running.  (Read 3155 times)

hkc

Yipee!!! Hot tub up and running.
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:00:58 am »
That was the longest 5 weeks of my life. My hot tub was delivered on Wednesday and hooked up on Friday. It took 5 weeks, reinforcing and refinishing my deck (in between daily thunderstorms) and upgrading my electrical system but it's in, working and we're loving it. Friday morning I woke up with a nasty cold. The electricians were here all day on Friday, installing a new panel, running the electric and doing a few other jobs and then by 10pm the tub was up to temp and ready to go. Problem was I was sick- coughing and running a fever.  I went in anyway. Woke up this morning feeling much better than I thought, soaked again a few times (ok, three. i'm sure other new hot tub owners spend all day in it too) and now I'm feeling close to 100%. Do hot tubs really kick your cold to the curb or is that wishful thinking?
Oh- in case you missed my long posts about looking for a tub. It's a Sundance Edison. I LOVE it. So happy we didn't get the lounger. I love all 4 corners. I love the color (Platinum/Coastal Grey) I love the foot jets (so needed to have foot jets), I love the way it fits on my deck (7' square- any bigger would have been too big and any smaller would not have been big enough). I don't have pics yet because I've been too busy soaking and smiling.
Thanks to everyone who offered advice.

Hot Tub Forum

Yipee!!! Hot tub up and running.
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:00:58 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Yipee!!! Hot tub up and running.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 09:21:27 am »
Welcome to Spatopia! May you soak long and prosper.

I have heard that higher temperatures can and do help the body to give some mild viruses the boot. I'm not a doctor, didn't stay in a Holidy Inn Express last night, and can't prove it, but who cares: even if you just feel better it's a win-win.

Have fun! Post some pictures!

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Floater

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 09:49:50 am »
Congrats, I just got my New Grandee up and running this week as well. I probably spent 3 hours in mine yesterday (first day). It was really cool at night with all the lights on. Can't wait for the fall time soaks.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 01:17:20 pm »
Grats on the new tub!  An excellent choice.

I can't add anything to the discussion about colds, but am interested in hearing what others have to say.

leweezo

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »
I know this post has been out there awhile but, how is your Edison doing? We just bought one and are waiting to get it in.. I too am reinforcing my eeck for the tub. Our deck sits 18" off the ground and I am using 5 doubled  2x12s with 20 4x6 posts.. Probably overkill but I LIKE insurance 

donnaduck

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 11:22:13 am »
As far as the cold - I think perhaps the hot tub relaxed your body enough to make you feel better  ;)

I am jealous as Santa brought us a new hot tub for Christmas, but delivery won't be until mid-February.  Hubby, in between the rain, is reinforcing the deck, has welded his re-bar (whatever that is) and making big holes, filing with cement, etc.  Glad he understands how to do it all. 

I just can hardly wait until our own 'spa-topia' sets in....

Enjoy your tub and glad you are feeling better!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 11:22:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42