What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Most effective test kit?  (Read 1975 times)

Larryo

Most effective test kit?
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:10:22 am »
What's the most effective test kit and what is essential to measure.
pH, alkalinity, hardness, bromine..... all necessary? Other things?

Best kit? Heard of the Taylor test kit, but seems to only test three of the above. Comments?

Hot Tub Forum

Most effective test kit?
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:10:22 am »

chem geek

Re: Most effective test kit?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 04:53:45 pm »
The Taylor K-2006 for chlorine tests Free Chlorine (FC), Combined Chlorine (CC), pH (with acid/base demand tests), Total Alkalinity (TA), Calcium Hardness (CH), and Cyanuric Acid (CYA).  The Taylor K-2106 for bromine tests Total Bromine (TB), pH (with acid/base demand tests), Total Alkalinity (TA) and Calcium Hardness (CH).

Unless you have a plaster spa or one with tile that has grout, then you don't need to test for CH unless it's high from the fill water (so you'll know if you risk getting scaling) or unless you intend to add CH to 150 ppm to prevent foaming.

Kev B

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 10:40:30 am »
 The Taylor test kit is great and I pull mine out sometimes, and always on commercial pool and spas. But I find most homeowners are best off with the test strips. Test strips are plenty accurate and quick and easy and usually insures my customers will be more faithful to testing than having to pull out the big kit. Leisure Time strips are the ones I like the best. They are also great to take on vacation in case you are around any questionable pools or hot tubs

Waterlogger

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:05:41 pm »
The Pentair Rainbow PRO-11 will do all of that as well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 07:05:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42