What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: intermittent leak? Is this even possible?  (Read 4378 times)

jacuzzidude

intermittent leak? Is this even possible?
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »
okay so I have a Jacuzzi J 345 hot tub and to my dismay I discovered a puddle leaking from the corner.so I opened up the rear panel and discovered a layer of water in the tray. I decided to shove a few towels to absorb the water and the leak apparently has stopped as there is no more water accumulating in the tray. 

we have had a recent stretch of rain so I'm wondering is it possible at all that some of the rain water has seeped into the tray and this is the water that I have discovered.  are there any other possible explanations for a leak that has apparently started and now apparently stopped?

lastly I have used stop leak with some success with my old spa I was planning to dump some in to this spa but now that the leak has apparently stopped I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and do that or monitor this leak to see if it progresses or if it stopped permanently? I am also concerned about the foam getting saturated with water as this is detrimental to the insulation properties.  thanks for your help in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

intermittent leak? Is this even possible?
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: intermittent leak? Is this even possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 05:33:14 pm »
Earlier this year we bought the J-345 as our first hot tub. I had noticed what I thought was a small leak in a couple of corners of the tub. Turns out it was not a leak at all. Can't remember for sure, but I think it might have been a little bit of water from the small line that draws air into the air injectors??? Again, I am not 100% sure of this. In any case, what I originally thought was a leak in two of the corners turned out not to be a leak. Not sure if this is the same as you are experiencing???

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 06:41:35 pm »
There are a lot of explanations to an intermittent leak. Maybe it only leaks when the pump/pumps are on high? Maybe an air line like was stated. Maybe when the heater heats up it opens a small drip. Or yes rain water if it was driven in by wind or maybe splashed over the sides while soaking.
Retired

JayGrooms

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 06:43:52 pm »
I had an intermittent "Leak" too....  an air line had fallen below the water line in the equipment area, put it back where it should have been... no leaks any more.  so, yes, it can happen.

Kev B

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:57:44 am »
 OK, so when I train my new techs on leak issues, I always have them shut the pump off after they check it with all pumps running on high speed. Plumbing before the pumps and the ozone and air venturi lines are under vacuum and everything else is under pressure while running. What this means is that a gate valve or union on the suction side of a pump (or fittings etc) may not leak at all while system is on and start dripping immediately after pump shuts off.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 09:57:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42