What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cleaning questions  (Read 2493 times)

Jim4475

Cleaning questions
« on: November 07, 2014, 07:21:24 pm »
Hello all, I just bought a house that has a Strong Spa (Barcelona, I think).  It has been sitting for a while and needs to be scrubbed out.  I bought the jet flush but there is slight mold around the actual jets and I wasn't sure what is a safe cleaner to use.  Can I use any house hold cleaners for the initial cleaning of the actual tub itself? The spa is drained except for about 6" or in the bottom. The previous owner stated to just fill the spa and add the chemicals and it will take care of itself, I'm not real comfortable with that, I would really like to clean it prior to my families first time using it.
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Cleaning questions
« on: November 07, 2014, 07:21:24 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Cleaning questions
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 07:38:50 pm »
 Good old bleach and water will work, I like baking soda myself..      Either way once you add chlorine or bromine to the spa I wouldn't worry about mold issues under the water. 

Sam

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 02:19:50 pm »
I'm a big proponent of using distilled white vinegar to clean spas.  It leaves no residue and does an amazing job.  I mix it 50/50 with water.  Maybe a little heavier on the vinegar for heavy duty stuff.  When used with baking soda, you get a nice scrubbing action.  Works great, is inexpensive, and environmentally friendly.

Topline Mike

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:16:18 am »
The first thing I would do is add a cup or so of chlorox bleach to the remaining 6 inches of water.  Agitate or mix this, and then drain the rest out.  Then I would clean as per the above posters suggestions. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:16:18 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42