What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spas: If they're so good, why so many complaints?  (Read 55940 times)

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Arctic Spas: If they're so good, why so many complaints?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »
There is nothing wrong with H20 i sell them along with D1 spas. temron is way off. there quality is very good, i have not had many problems with there tubs, as i have stated in earlier posts....also H20 started in early 2005,not 2007. we have carried them since.just had to add my opions......
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 03:58:58 pm »

igilka

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 12:57:16 pm »
Hi, Guys! I wonna share my Unforgettable experience with Arctic Spas! I work in construction business and quiet often I need to relive the low back pain which only sitting in a hot water can do. It took me a time till I finally decided to buy a Hot Tub. I did my research, checked Hydropool, Marquis, Beachcomber, Jaquzzi, Artesian hot tubs and by the time I entered Arctic Spas Store I knew everything I need to know about the hot tubs. I already made my mind buying a Hydropool hot tub, the size I needed for 4500$ tax in, but once I saw Arctic Spas products I decided to turn it down and buy Arctic Spas hot tub for 8000$!!! I was really impressed. I found another solution for my back yard, went over my budget big time and bought Grill House as well. I brought friend of mine with me and all together we spent over 25000$ !!!!!!
It was 8 weeks ago and now, every time we recall Arctic Spas we can't get rid of the filling like we stepped in a horse .... Lie, unprofessional behavior, ignorance. And here is our first story:
Once we signed all papers, we were told we would have our hot tubs, mine 3-4 days - it was already in a store and friend's  2-3 weeks - it has to be made and delivered. Someway, somehow It took 1 week just to submit application and get financial approval ( I spent 20 min. in a dealership to get 50000$ loan approval for my car). When I asked Glen why it took so long and when my friend is gonna have his tub then, he said "don't worry about your friend, on my own risk I ordered his hot tub without waiting for approval"  (What a nice guy!) Next message 3 weeks after from Glen was : " It manufactured, waiting for its place in container . Another week after checking  the status on a computer with Store Manager -  "under production!!! ". We were so mad when we figured out that even after getting confirmation about financial approval it took to Glen another week just to place the order!!!!!!! So… I got my hot tub, something they had in a store, in a 2 weeks, friend of my is waiting for 8 weeks and couldn't get proper respond when he's gonna get his h.t.

igilka

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 12:59:25 pm »

Here is another story….. After I built the concrete base for Grill House I had "very experienced"  installers coming over, 10 years working for Arctic Spas and 2 years installing Grill Houses. They put support boards on a concrete base, right after put panels on a top, screw them together and measuring from corner to corner and by kicking and pushing panels start getting them in octagon shape!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some panels got off the boards it was sitting on and I said to guys that I need proper support. And I had respond: "I call office that you're not happy with installation"…. like it was a perfect one! He left with his phone and 5 min. after got back tried to bring boards to under the panels. Im not  installer but I do understand that they had to make proper octagon with boards first, double check with tape measure, then fix it to concrete base so it doesn't move and go from there… ! But it ended up that when they put  6th roof panel they had 3-4 inch gap between last 2 panels at the lowest point !!! and they couldn't get them together. You wonna know what they did?!!! They brought heavy duty cargo strap that truck drivers use to fix their cargo on a trucks, connect it through the windows and using that pull one side to another and put 20 screws to hold them together! This is not what I saw on installation guide on youtube…… it was another "Fun" when it comes to door installation, they put it with a door frame, level it, put shims too tight, stretch out the door frame with a screws. After that guy was going around with level and couldn't understand why the door doesn't close, one corner sitting in a door frame and another one sticking out!!!!!!! I never installed doors but I've seen them getting installed and I know that you have to put shims when door is in closed position!!! just as much as need  just to fill up the gap, put screws not to tight…. otherwise you bend the frame and it's never be working properly. What kind of installers are they? I feel bad for people they did installations! What brain you should have to install Grill House for 2 years and didn't learn the way to make it proper?!
And the last story…. 2 days after I went to see store manager, told him everything I saw, everything I fell regarding their service, installation process. It wasn't hard to me to explain why I'm not happy with installation either…. I just brought him to their demo grill house and was pointing this and that (they had absolute copy what I had)…. benches up and down, holes everywhere, screws sticking out, decorative planks that supposed to cover edges fixed with the screws, not finish gun…. sloppiest installation you could imagine (their door didn't close at all!!) Of course  Philip(manager) was disappointed hearing that, he offered me 150$ store  credit and promised to send somebody to fix what ever could be fixed some day next week(it was friday). I only asked to put in a system "innovative" way of installation, so if the roof goes apart because of the big tension, they know why it happens and asked to put proper door handle(When you approach to Grill House you can see some kind of door handle you usually see on drawers and bolts! sticking out that holds same door handle from opposite side), handle you can see on every picture of Grill House…. send someone with a wood filler to close huge holes they did.    So…..I adjusted the door on hinges(it was the Only chance of doing it), redid benches, put new planks with finish gun and guess what?!!!!!!!   Tomorrow is  2 weeks since I spoke with a manager….! and I didn't have anyone neither coming or calling me. So…. They are one Big Sympson Family!!!!!
I've got question to business owners or someone who runs the business…. I've seen your info on a website. You deal with 25 countries and have over 200 INDEPENDENT!!! dealers .Don' You guys care how they run Your name? I never saw someone selling mcdonalds burgers around the world and servicing customers the way that INDEPENDENT dealer sees it. You 're selling toys, Guys…Expensive Toys! Don't  You Think that the "Wrapping" is not important? Numbers means everything?  I didn't spent 3.99$ in your store….sorry… your independent dealer store… I spent 18000$ and I deserve treatment like that?

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 01:55:27 pm »
I bought an Artic Klondiker in March of this year and absolutely love it.  Send me a PM and I'll be glad to go into more detail.
By the way, I heard some talk about how the Western Cedar would turn green in a few months..    Quite the contrary.  After 6 months, it still looks great!    I will put a fresh coat of stain on her after a year, but as of this post, it looks super.     

Sam

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 05:51:29 pm »
It amazes me how many people can afford a $15k spa, yet have the punctuation and grammar of a 3rd grader. 

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 09:22:38 pm »
Sam, I hope you were not referring to my comments.. :)
To set the record straight, my Klondiker, (IMO, one of the nicest spas on the market today), cost nowhere near $15,000. My total cost was a little over $9500.00.

Quickbeam

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 11:05:02 pm »
Sam, I hope you were not referring to my comments.. :)
To set the record straight, my Klondiker, (IMO, one of the nicest spas on the market today), cost nowhere near $15,000. My total cost was a little over $9500.00.

Rosewoodsteel,

I don’t think he’s referring to you. It looks like he’s referring to “igilka”. And if he is, who knows, maybe English is not “igilka’s” first language. And just because he has poor English, does that mean he shouldn’t be buying a spa? Pretty classless comment if you ask me.

Sam

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2014, 05:22:38 pm »
Bah, you misunderstood me.  This new technological age with twitter and facebook, etc, seems to highlight a total disregard for grammar and spelling.  It just makes me cringe to see so many long-winded rants with awful spelling and grammar.  It wasn't meant to be a personal attack.  More of a lament.  Sorry for coming across that way.

Quickbeam

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:14 am »
Bah, you misunderstood me.  This new technological age with twitter and facebook, etc, seems to highlight a total disregard for grammar and spelling.  It just makes me cringe to see so many long-winded rants with awful spelling and grammar.  It wasn't meant to be a personal attack.  More of a lament.  Sorry for coming across that way.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, and thanks for the explanation!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42