What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima vs ArcticSpas Tundra Legend Select vs Jacuzzi J-470  (Read 2690 times)

HotTubNewb

I've kind of narrowed it down to 3.
This is my first tub.

I wet tested the Sundance Optima and the Jacuzzi J-470 yesterday.
Both seemed good.  Lots of adjustments, etc.  Not convinced one was better than another.  The Jacuzzi guy hinted his was better.   

The Sundance store in Ontario offered me:  $12,600 (no stairs, I dont want them), with cover, covermate 2 (hides the cover), delivery, setup, etc, some chemicals to start, etc.  He hinted he could go lower if I was ready to close the deal.

A few days ago, the ArcticSpas gave me a pricelist (called MSRP 2014-1) as the ArcticSpas Tundra Legend Select was MSRP $16,000.  He hinted there was approx $5000 is potential savings.   I have a copy of the list if anyone wants it.  I think you can pick it up in any store.  Legend Select is 4 motors, with a good jet package.   For sake of completeness, I might wet test the Tundra. 

I didn't have time to stick around for a Jacuzzi quote.

I also learned that Sundance and Jacuzzi are owned by the same ownership group. 

Should I ask for a better price if I pay with a Cheque ? (Total paid upfront).

I'm looking to close this deal in the next day or two. 
My pad is almost ready (crushed gravel, patio stones on top).  But the electrical isn't done.  It seems it takes 3 weeks to get the hot tub anyway.

Any thoughts ?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:27:12 pm by HotTubNewb »

Hot Tub Forum

kitchener

Re: Sundance Optima vs ArcticSpas Tundra Legend Select vs Jacuzzi J-470
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:41:16 pm »
I think the Optima is the least expensive of the three, so if you didn't feel the J-470 felt any better to you, you have a leader in that comparison.  But don't lean toward the Tundra based on discount alone.  Wet test it.  If you can't, scratch it from your list.  I was absolutely definite about buying an Artesian Pelican Bay based on its features and the massive discount I was getting.  Then I wet tested it, and produced an inconvenient truth:  I liked the more expensive J-470 better.  Wet test the Tundra, then decide.

HotTubNewb

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 11:08:55 am »
The 470 isn't a good fit for my backyard.  Looking at the J-385.
I was offered quite an interesting deal at Jacuzzi involving being able to replace the tub every 3 years.
It's a big financial outlay but will keep me under warranty "forever".

kitchener

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:23:13 pm »
No reason to pay more for the J-470 if you liked the Optima just as much, regardless.

civicfire99

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:04:50 am »
I don't have a 470, but I do have an '09 J-480, and I love it.  That said, I also loved my Jacuzzi knockoff '05 "winchester"...few bells and whistles, but proved to be a workhorse with straightforward maintenance.  I suppose it comes down to wet tests, price point, and personal preference.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:04:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42