What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Special county fair pricing?  (Read 4320 times)

ksugrad

Special county fair pricing?
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »
Hi all -
Newbie/lurker, I have been gleaning information here for a few weeks. I just got an email this morning about special county fair related discounts on some tubs that are on my short list. 3500 off MSRP on a Hot Springs Flair, and 3640 off MSRP on Jacuzzi 335 and 345.  I am not ready to buy yet, as I haven't even seen these units except on the web.  Is this a great deal, and will it be repeated in a few months when I have all my ducks lined up? Is there any urgency to jump on a deal like this?

Hot Tub Forum

Special county fair pricing?
« on: July 26, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Special county fair pricing?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:59:29 pm »
 The discounts off MSRP are probably where the spa should usually be sold.    If you feel its a good deal for you then yes.   

clover

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 04:23:10 pm »
A $500 deposit will hold the price, be sure if you cancel the deposit is refundable.  You will hold the price, and then confirm it to be a great deal over time before you arrange deliver, or request a refund.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 06:26:18 pm »
A $500 deposit will hold the price, be sure if you cancel the deposit is refundable.  You will hold the price, and then confirm it to be a great deal over time before you arrange deliver, or request a refund.

Most faires you won't get this option. We want 20% deposits at off site events deposits are refundable within 3 days.

clover

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »
As you can see, it depends on the dealer, and from the dealers perspective, it depends on the consumer.   ;)  He wants to sell, you want to buy, now it's up to you to take action.

Frankly speaking, it is better to take you out of the "market" by motivating your decision with the expectation of delivery, but you can expect some withholding when there are expenses that they pay whether you complete the transaction, or not. 

In other words, if you take their time, and the salesperson writes up the deal, he gets paid whether you take delivery, or not, because he did his job.  So, it would be unfair of you to take their time and not expect to pay the dealer for expenses incurred.

Be reasonable and make it a win, win situation.   You get your choice, a better price, but you cannot be fickle, and do this with 3 dealers without consequences.  :)

Sometimes, your economic fears works against you.  If you want a lower price, it will be under their terms, not yours.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Water Boy

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:13:29 pm »
Ksugrad, I couldn't help but notice your user name! Is that Kansas State grad? If so, I graduated from KSU as well. I realize KSU could also be Kent State, but I figured it might be Kansas State. I agree with what the others have said. I do think many fairs and shows you can get good deals, but I'm sure it depends on the dealer. Are you located in Kansas? If so, feel free to look me up if you are near the Topeka area. We are the Arctic Spas dealer in Topeka. Even I you aren't, id be glad to help you out in any way I can. Good luck in your search for the perfect spa!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

silverbullet

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 10:24:26 pm »
Every time they jave those "fairs" around here its usually from a fly by night company that lists its home office about 100 miles away. I've found its a gimmic to get you in the door. I decided to go with a local dealer because when something goes wrong I want someone local & dependable to service me. Be careful, Investigate throughly.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »
Every time they jave those "fairs" around here its usually from a fly by night company that lists its home office about 100 miles away. I've found its a gimmic to get you in the door. I decided to go with a local dealer because when something goes wrong I want someone local & dependable to service me. Be careful, Investigate throughly.

A lot of them are like that for sure. I usually see a couple out of staters at every off site event I do. I try do only home shows nowadays that are local to me

ksugrad

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 11:13:07 pm »
Thanks to all for the comments and information.  I deleted the email and will start checking with local dealers when I am ready to buy.  Getting a concrete pad poured in August, so that's step 1.

And yes, I am a Kansas State grad, but I have been living in the Pacific Northwest for many years.

Water Boy

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 10:31:04 am »
Thanks to all for the comments and information.  I deleted the email and will start checking with local dealers when I am ready to buy.  Getting a concrete pad poured in August, so that's step 1.

And yes, I am a Kansas State grad, but I have been living in the Pacific Northwest for many years.

Good to hear on the KSU grad!! I think that is a good idea to look at all your local dealer. I always recommend to buy from a good local reputable dealer that sells a good reputable brand of spa. You already mentioned two good brands in Jacuzzi and Hot Spring. Many others will say Jacuzzi, Marquis, Dimension one, and Arctic Spas. Many will also recommend wet testing if you can to find the one that fits perfect for what you are looking for. Good luck in your search. Keep us posted on hear once you start looking more!
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 10:31:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42