What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Went to a Dealer Today  (Read 2986 times)

silverbullet

Went to a Dealer Today
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:03:10 pm »
As I've mentioned my Stepson's friends parents own a store called the "Pool People" Pool tables to Pools, Spas, ETC. His friend is a sales guy for his parents.
Looked at quite a few used tubs. One that caught our eye is a 2007 Great Lakes. 4 to 5 people seater. Has a Lounge, neck massagers. Lots of jets! Sat in it dry & it seemed to be a good fit.
His offer was $2.500 & he'll throw in a new cover, easy lift, stairs, a 6 month supply of chemicals, Delivery & setup. Oh and a 90 day warranty.

Personally I think its a bit steep, Definatly not the deal of the Century. But my wife likes it & we all know how that goes. I also have to consider that I'm a first time buyer and this is going to be a learning process & I think it would be a good idea to have a friend in our corner when problems arise. I'm thinking I'll offer him 21 maybe $2.200.

Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Went to a Dealer Today
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:03:10 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Went to a Dealer Today
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:50 pm »
As I've mentioned my Stepson's friends parents own a store called the "Pool People" Pool tables to Pools, Spas, ETC. His friend is a sales guy for his parents.
Looked at quite a few used tubs. One that caught our eye is a 2007 Great Lakes. 4 to 5 people seater. Has a Lounge, neck massagers. Lots of jets! Sat in it dry & it seemed to be a good fit.
His offer was $2.500 & he'll throw in a new cover, easy lift, stairs, a 6 month supply of chemicals, Delivery & setup. Oh and a 90 day warranty.

Personally I think its a bit steep, Definatly not the deal of the Century. But my wife likes it & we all know how that goes. I also have to consider that I'm a first time buyer and this is going to be a learning process & I think it would be a good idea to have a friend in our corner when problems arise. I'm thinking I'll offer him 21 maybe $2.200.

Any thoughts?

Make the counter offer and maybe you can also ask for them to increase the store warranty to 180 days.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 08:20:54 pm »
Great Lakes makes a great value type tub. I to think that's a bit steep. Offer him 1800 and 180.0 day warranty. He can only say no.
Retired

silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:06:42 pm »
Settled on a price of $2.195. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be basking in my first ever owned hot tub! :) These 61 year old broken bones are definatly ready!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 10:18:08 am »
Silverbullet,

Congratulations on your purchase!!
Believe me, I understand what you are saying about the 61 year old bones. :).

Sam

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 02:36:20 pm »
Settled on a price of $2.195. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be basking in my first ever owned hot tub! :) These 61 year old broken bones are definatly ready!

Grats!  Happy Hot-tubbing  8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 02:36:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42