What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Filter cycle question  (Read 2373 times)

joelc73

D1 Filter cycle question
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:53:35 pm »
I've had my Amore Bay for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it -- I am so glad I went for it.

I'm just curious about the run time settings in the filter menu.  I'm assuming it's running at some point (besides when I'm using it) but I'm not sure when or how long.  The water has been perfect so I probably shouldn't worry about it -- but I just want to make sure I have it set-up right.

For anyone with a Bay Collection D1, what should the filter runtime settings be?

Thanks in advance

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Filter cycle question
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:53:35 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: D1 Filter cycle question
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 07:34:55 pm »
The factory setting seems to be working so yea, why mess with it. However there is access to the programming menu on the control panel that will allow you to adjust if needed. Ask your dealer or go online and get a manual if you don't have one. There will be instructions in there. Been a while since I seen a new D1 but that model I think has a small circulation pump that runs 24/7/365 The little pumps last from a few to 6-8 even more years sometimes. Water chemistry is a factor. But you can also program the first jet pump to run for different lengths of time up to 4 times a day I think. This can be handy in very cold weather to heat and circulate water. Or heavy use when you need to move more water through the filters.

You didn't say if it was new but I am assuming so?
Retired

joelc73

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 10:05:23 am »
Thanks Tmann. I appreciate your help. Yes, it's brand new.

I didn't realize it had a 24/7 circulation pump. I have the manual but it's pretty useless.

I noticed in the filter menus that it comes on at midnight and runs for a duration of 10 minutes. Does that seem long enough? 

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:08:17 am by joelc73 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 06:34:04 pm »
Watch your water and adjust longer if the bather load becomes heavy enough to make it cloudy.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 06:34:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42