What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Preparing to prepare to purchase a hottub  (Read 14525 times)

Bluetobb

Re: Preparing to prepare to purchase a hottub
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 04:58:50 pm »
Thank you for the feedback. Having it off loaded on pipes is awesome idea! That makes it pretty movable anywhere as long as it starts on the pipes.

Still just not sure if I am jumping the gun to fast at a solid deal not a great deal. Not that I need a great deal but doing it out of order is a slight pain.

Oh and the D1 lady got back to my wife this time around haha. She still can give no details maybe that is why she is not responding. Would the older D1 be at all comparable to the Pulse in build?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2014, 04:58:50 pm »

Isaac-1

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 05:10:19 pm »
D1 also has a good reputation for high build quality, maybe more so with the older ones before they were bought out.  Either way I would consider current condition as much more important that initial build quality.  A tub that has spend its life indoors will tend to look much better than one that was outdoors, and one that was in a sheltered location outdoors will look better than one that was not sheltered, etc.

JWL

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 04:06:57 pm »
I like the look of this approach (they show a shed but would work well for a hut tub I think). For the pipes I was thinking that metal fence posts would work well. Comments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EaAAXV8WuU

Disapointed Owner

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 08:13:31 pm »
I owned a tub for 4 and 1/2 years I tell you what I wish someone told me.
Pay $3000. at sams club or home depo  they are just as good as the big names,and if they break in 5 years you can buy a new with money left over.
I spent $7600. for a Watkins Hotspot Lapalma
Its 4 and 1/2 years old now ,and I went though 4 two speed pumps and 2 pressure switches. After that poor 2 year warranty no one will answer the phone. The cost to replace a motor was $700. plus install.
So, I would skip Hot spot,aka hot springs, Watkins

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 01:53:52 pm »
Disappointed,

Sorry about your problems with your Hotspot.
The $700 for your replacement motor is pretty high.
Why not pick up something from Spa Depot or some other on-line Spa parts supplier?
That's what I did with my old Coleman and the motor cost no where near $700.  It was really easy to install, as well.   
When a warranty period is over, I wouldn't expect the MFG to "pick up the phone".

Good luck on fixing up your tub.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 01:53:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42