What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for something small, simple, & inexpensive to run. Open to wood & elec.  (Read 11086 times)

Hot Tub Forum

dakota7557

Bought a Freeflow Accent for 4k...That was over a year ago.  I keep it at 104 degrees and was pleasantly surprised at how efficient it was.  It's outside and I live in South Dakota so that's saying quite a lot...I truly enjoy it!   :)  Jody

brillskill

Freeflow is made by Watkins...same as the Costco tub I linked above

fishnaked

Thanks, everyone. Those spas look good. I'm tight on space though....so they're a bit big.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Freeflow is made by Watkins...same as the Costco tub I linked above

You know there are differences between the Watkins tubs offered at Costco and the Watkins tubs offered at dealers right?
Retired

brillskill

Yea I'm sure Costco probably makes Watkins chinz a little to bring the price lower..how ever he was looking for something small and cheap..and this tub seems to get good reviews and again has costco's unbeatable customer service behind it

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
I have a Freeflow "Emerald" on my showroom floor. They discontinued the model, and I don't get a lot of interest in it. I would make you a screaming deal!! This is from the Freeflow Sport series, from the same people who bring you HotSpring Portable Spas. It can be run on 110 volt plug-in, or 220 volt hardwired. In extreme cold, I would recommend 220. It is well insulated, and includes an insulated cover. Very simple - yes is has jets, and I know you are not looking for jets, but these are very simple, and the tub runs on low speed when heating, so you can turn off the air injection and the jets are barely noticeable.

IMPORTANT: as was mentioned in a post just above, there is a big difference between the tubs Watkins offers through the big-box stores and the ones we dealers have to offer. The jets are different (I know this is not a biggy for you) but the huge difference is that the big-box models do NOT have a heater. They warm the water by running the jet pump (which is single speed on those tubs) and extracting heat from the friction. They take twice as long to heat as a conventional 110 tub: 24 hours vs. about 10 to 12 hours for 110. If you switch to 220 volts, the heater in the dealer version kicks up to 4000 watts, and can heat from cold in under 6 hours - keep in mind that you most likely will set the temp and forget it, but if the tub gets cold, getting it back to a usable temp can become an issue.

Here is the layout of the tub I have. It seems like exactly what you are looking for:
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

brillskill

Chas you are wrong...Heater: 1kW (115V) / 4kW (230V) stainless steel and dual speed pump!  ..and i am very familiar with that tub..no way id buy that tub over the costco watkins..but i am not the professional..same exact heater!!..  (another reason why doing your own research is important)...people still inform other people on assumptions not facts!    Construction and Specifications:
•Seating: 5 adult seats, includes lounger 
•Dimensions: 75" x 75” x 34" 
•Jet Count: 25 stainless steel hydrotherapy jets; 11 typhoon jets; 14 euro jets
•Jet Pump: 1.5 BHP (2 speed) 
•Water Capacity: 290 USG 
•Weight: 370 lbs. dry; 2,835 lbs. filled 
•Electrical: 110V plugs into a standard outlet with dedicated circuit or 220V conversion (licensed electrician can supply the GFCI, conduit and wires to convert) 
•Heater: 1kW (115V) / 4kW (230V) stainless steel 
•Filter: 50 sq. ft. intelligent filtration with customized programming for optimized filtration cycles 
•Shell: Made of durable RokSolid™ advanced unicast polyethylene 
•Ozonator: Included
•Cabinet: Synthetic wood siding 
•Insulation: Full foam insulation for maximum efficiency and long-term heat retention 
•Installation: Place on concrete slab or properly supported wood deck 
•Made in the USA
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:01:34 pm by brillskill »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Learn something new every day! I was wrong, sorry. The "Auqaterra" tubs, available from Costco, DO have the two-speed pump motor and they DO have a heater. I have been sent out on warranty and some non-warranty calls to fix tubs which did NOT have the heater, but they appear to have been sold online direct, not from Costco. As a dealer, I'm not real thrilled to discover this, but it is what it is.

One other item: they are 'plug and play.' As such, they have a standard 15 amp plug on the end of the power cord. If you want to run them 110 volt you can use an existing outlet, as long as there are no other large appliances on that circuit. But on 110 (as has been mentioned) your heater is only 1000 watts.

Sold the tub. Sorry.

8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:12:04 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

brillskill

i will agree 1500 is a good price...someone got a good deal
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:07:26 pm by brillskill »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
According to the east coast rep the freeflows to the dealer network are exactly the same as the ones sold by mass merchants. Only difference is the name

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
What about warranty and factory backed service?
Retired

dakota7557

On my Freeflow Accent I have 1 year on parts & labor...and an additional year on parts...Purchased it from Rapid Spa in Rapid City...Since I purchased it in Oct. 2012, I haven't had to use either...It has very few bells and whistles and has performed flawlessly.  Jody

brillskill

Costco...5-year structure
2-year cabinet 
1-year parts 
1-year labor
1-year spa cover

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42