What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub WiFi  (Read 7921 times)

rosewoodsteel

Re: Hot Tub WiFi
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »
I believe it is set up and ready to roll in my new tub.
I'll let you know after it is delivered and I get it set up.. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 06:44:22 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 07:26:33 pm »
We should be up and running 7 days from now.....will lyk how it works for us.....here's a question....does it make sense to lover the tem a bit...maybe 94ish until your wanting to use the tub?  Or better to have it always sting the temp you are wanting to use it at.....

I'm kinda of a different thought on this, who's surprised? For the little savings there is (nickles maybe dimes a day) I was worth the 3-4 bucks a month savings to have it ready at the drop of the my suit, I mean hat. But then again this is a colder climate and what ever you dropped it to it would get there fast and run to maintain it anyway. And 6-8 degrees can take over an hour.
Retired

Pers Onal

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »
There will be a very small saving that quite frankly I though I was worth having the tub ready at all times for the nickles difference it would make. I wanted my tub ready at a moments notice.... But if you plan on not using it for a week or so then yea by all means.

Also depends on the time of year. In winter I want it at normal temp so that if we have a power outage I will have as much heat retention as possible to prevent a freezeup. In summer, if the high is in the 90's or higher, I leave the spa a 98 or so anyhow, and figure there isn't that much energy loss compared to being able to jump into the spa after a long drive and immediately unwind.

In spring and fall if we're going to be gone for a week or so and there's no danger of freezing, I just pull the shut off and kill the power completely.

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:07 pm »
With my old tub, it didn’t take long to raise the temperature 10 degrees or so.  In a while, I’ll find out if this will be true with the Artic.    For the most part, I have set hours that I am home.   If I want to hop in the tub on a particular night, I’ll pull out my phone and raise the temperature on my train ride home.  By the time I get home, the tub will be ready.    It will also be great, at home, to raise the temperature without having to walk down the path to the hot tub- especially if the weather conditions are bad. 

Hey, I pay the freekin power company enough already.   I am not going to compensate them for having a poor infrastructure.   If/When the power goes out, if the hot tub temp is 90 degrees, no problem.    I’ll wait it out a few days.   If it’s clear the outage will be a long one, I’ll drop a light or space heater into the interior of the cabinet and run a line to my generator. 

Water Boy

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 12:22:33 pm »
One of the things I like the most about the Arctic Spas wifi app is the power management portion of the app. This gives you the ability to tell the spa exactly what hours of the day you want it to heat or filter the spa. So, if you have peak rates, you can program your spa to not run during those times if you so desire.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »
Most of the In-Ground pools we have built in the last few years have that feature
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Water Boy

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 12:54:13 pm »
Ya, a lot of that stuff has been available on the pool market for a while now. It's good to hear that lots of spas are offering these features now as well.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

brillskill

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 01:49:37 pm »
my pool pump and heater works off an app on my iphone..

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »
I am about 1/2 of the way done with all my lights, outlets, switches, doors, thermostats and other stuff running from an app on my phone. Got one camera and another soon. Need some motion sensors and a few other things. Insteon guys, check it out. Like the old X10 home automation but better.
Retired

brillskill

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 05:20:49 pm »
My entire house runs off my iPhone..even my thermostats ..check out the "nest"

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 06:32:26 pm »
I'm way behind you guys, but at least my hot tub will be covered. :)     I figure I'll do the rest after I am retired (and won't need it any more).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 06:32:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42