What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lowering temp to save electricity  (Read 2077 times)

Loki

Lowering temp to save electricity
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »
I'm sure this question has been asked a lot but is it more economical to leave the temp at 100 and turn it up to 104 when you get in or leave it lower say 90 and turn it up to 104 each time

Hot Tub Forum

Lowering temp to save electricity
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »

goneaway

Re: Lowering temp to save electricity
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 03:19:35 am »
This method works for me, but only because I utilise the free energy from my solar PV Panels.
I turn the temperature down to 25°C on Sunday night, and then back up to 38°C on Friday morning when the sun is shining and giving me free power.

On the other hand, I have heard people mention on here that it makes no sense to turn it down.
The energy saved, is only spent again when trying to bring the temperature back up.
I imagine the only way this would work, is if you live in a warm environment (say California), where the water temperature would take a long time to fall.

I'm sure a mathematics genius will be along shortly with an equation.

bob snader

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:05 am »
I imagine the only way this would work, is if you live in a warm environment (say California), where the water temperature would take a long time to fall.

Yeah, it would depend on the climate. I'm in Manitoba where Winter temps can get down to -40. If I turn it down it takes too long to warm up again

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:19:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42