What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa, Pool & BBQ Show  (Read 9362 times)

Bert2013

Spa, Pool & BBQ Show
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:55:40 pm »
Getting close to making my decision on hot tub and have CNBC on the tube and this hot tub event comes blaring out, and it starts tomorrow a mile down the road from my office. Dont want to waste my time nor deal with a ton of pushy tub salesman for a cheap tub, but if they carry Hot Springs or other top of line I might go for a deal. Anyone know about this road show and is it avoid at all costs? I would doubt I would have a service contact after they pull up and move to the next spot.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa, Pool & BBQ Show
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:55:40 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa, Pool & BBQ Show
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:30:05 pm »
Sounds like a Master Spa thing but in the ad it looks like Vita Spas.  Most of those shows you don't get great deals anyway

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 03:34:19 pm »

SPAS, SPAS, SPAS,  this weekend only!   Every major mnfg, will be on site.   Don't miss it, free parking.   

Bert2013

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 04:45:58 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim, that is exactly what the add shouts on my tube, you must be the one.....

So obviously Master and Vita spas. Never heard of them, are they even close to comparable to a Hot Spring/Jacuzzi? Am I wasting my time with a bunch of pushy used car salesmen (no insult intended on those that sell used cars, of course!)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 05:01:03 pm »
Run Forrest RUN
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 05:23:29 pm »
One Vita Spa and a whole bunch of Master Spas and sales guys.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 05:55:50 pm »
  You should at least go and see what they are about, just don't get caught up in the BS and sign something.    Then go home and take a shower.     Master spa's I don't think are all that bad and comparable to Cal spa, Dynasty, LA spa's and a few others and if you are buying from a actual master spa dealer.   But buying a spa there, and getting it delivered with no one around that will service it or any support is asking for trouble.   

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 06:21:41 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim, that is exactly what the add shouts on my tube, you must be the one.....

So obviously Master and Vita spas. Never heard of them, are they even close to comparable to a Hot Spring/Jacuzzi? Am I wasting my time with a bunch of pushy used car salesmen (no insult intended on those that sell used cars, of course!)

The traveling spa circus some are alluding to is not what you want. If its a local dealer doing a show that is different. Ask them where their store is. Listen closely to see if you get a straight answer or double talk about how anyone can fix them or that they don't have a store but there is a dealer in the area... They need to have a local presence so you can talk to them later after its delivered for any issues, another dealer isn't interested in working on the spa that someone else sold. Do not buy from any show that they personally don't have a store locally so if they say they do ask for their card with the address and phone number on it so you an google it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:18:06 pm »

The traveling spa circus some are alluding to is not what you want. If its a local dealer doing a show that is different. Ask them where their store is. Listen closely to see if you get a straight answer or double talk about how anyone can fix them or that they don't have a store but there is a dealer in the area... They need to have a local presence so you can talk to them later after its delivered for any issues, another dealer isn't interested in working on the spa that someone else sold. Do not buy from any show that they personally don't have a store locally so if they say they do ask for their card with the address and phone number on it so you an google it.

I agree 100% with this sentiment.  They may even tell you that they have a store and service crew locally.  Call said store and verify for yourself.  They are known to lie about this.

Bert2013

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 03:10:38 pm »
OK. went to the traveling spa sale. Good looking spas. And yes, Master Spa. Price was considerably lower than Hot Spring Gleam. Losts of nice looking jet configurations. And when I asked about service, 90% of the time he could figure out the issue over the phone with him but did have local companies that service Master Spa. While I liked the look and price, just searching Master Spa on this site is none too flattering...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 04:51:19 pm »
OK. went to the traveling spa sale. Good looking spas. And yes, Master Spa. Price was considerably lower than Hot Spring Gleam. Losts of nice looking jet configurations. And when I asked about service, 90% of the time he could figure out the issue over the phone with him but did have local companies that service Master Spa. While I liked the look and price, just searching Master Spa on this site is none too flattering...

Their prices may be lower but their quality is far lower as well and energy efficiency and the idea that he's going to fix 90% of the problems over the phone is ridiculous (yes some) and he certainly won't be taking phone calls after the sale. The reality is while some issues can be handled by phone you'll regret not having a local dealer when needed and if you really were considering them try to get the phone number of these local people he spoke of and actually call it. I hope you see all the red flags because you saw exactly what we described head of time.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 04:51:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42