What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: coast spa lanai  (Read 1864 times)

kingbuzo

coast spa lanai
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:38:49 pm »
tub is 2001...it has 2 pumps...#1 pump is tripping breaker, #2 pump is fine....can i get this tub going by switching #2 for #1?  i know that the other pump runs different jets etc...but it looks like #1 pump is the main circulation pump......

panel shows "flo" which is no water flow .....will it still error if i switch pumps? or does it only error when there is no circulation ?

Hot Tub Forum

coast spa lanai
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:38:49 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: coast spa lanai
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »
Pump 1 probably also activates the heater, and if so the problem is more likely a bad heater element.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

kingbuzo

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 02:08:48 pm »
thanks dr , i disconnected the easy connect of pump #1 and the gfi didnt trip.... i removed the #1 pump and the shaft was frozen... i managed to free the motor and reinstall , but still trips breaker...

i was feeling that i need a new pump motor...

are you saying that the pump activates the heater....so if the heating element was gone then the pump wont work and the gfi could trip?

can i switch pump #2 with #1 ?

is pump #1 the main pump?

and #2 is just for jets?

thank you

kingbuzo

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 05:53:17 pm »
ok i changed the start capacitors and start switch from good motor to bad.... and breaker still tripped on #1 motor...looks like it need a new motor....ideas?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:00:28 pm »
In order for the heater to operate, water has to be flowing through it. The pump turns on, pumps water through the heater ,and activates it, turning it on.

A motor that doesn't start turning (frozen bearings, or?), can also cause a breaker (GFCI or otherwise) to trip.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 09:00:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42