What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie-Sundance Chelsee or Jacuzzi J365?  (Read 8660 times)

msbug

Newbie-Sundance Chelsee or Jacuzzi J365?
« on: August 09, 2013, 05:49:03 pm »
I think I've finally convinced the husband to get a hot tub.  Mainly for medical reasons, I have a bad hip, migraines, and fibromyalgia, so a hot tub will definitely help with all my aches and pains.  Contrary to what it sounds like I'm only in my 30s, I just feel like an old fart!  ;)  Anyway, we've been checking out tubs at The Great Escape.  Unfortunately, we live in the boonies and this is the only place we can really look at tubs without driving over an hour.  We know we want something that will comfortably fit 4 people.  For the most part it will just be the 2 of us and the kids, but if we want to have a couple friends over we don't want to have to sit in each other's laps.  We're just not that kind of people! 

So far we've narrowed it down to the Sundance Chelsee or the Jacuzzi 365.  Mainly because we both like the size of the tubs and the dome with the jets in the middle of the foot well.  Price for the Chelsee is listed at $8,469.  The J-365 is $10,167.  The 365 includes the stereo, which we both couldn't care less about.  Both prices include delivery, covers, and cover lifters.  Are these decent prices?  Or should we be able to get a better deal on either of them? 

I'd much prefer the price point of the Chelsee, so tell me, is the 365 worth the extra $$$?  We also like the 345, which is listed for $8,579, no stereo.  Again, decent price? Since we'd rather keep the price around $8,500, would we be better with the 345 than the Chelsee?  How much wiggle room is there on prices at places like this? 

We've dry tested all of the tubs that were at the store and like the feel of these 3 best.  The 365 felt great, but I'm not sure I like it better than the Chelsee or 345 enough to justify the extra cost!  I haven't convinced my husband that wet testing is necessary, as he puts it "He's never met a hot tub he hasn't liked!"  So not sure if/when that will happen.  From reading these forums, it sounds like I can't go wrong with either of these tubs, but I'm looking for price advice and thoughts from anyone who owns either of these tubs. 

Thanks for any wisdom you can share! 

Tracey

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie-Sundance Chelsee or Jacuzzi J365?
« on: August 09, 2013, 05:49:03 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Newbie-Sundance Chelsee or Jacuzzi J365?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 09:18:01 pm »
  A wet test is always nice if you can do it.   Personally it sounds like the J-345 would fit your needs size wise, the 345 is basically a smaller version (by 6")  of the 365 without the foot dome.   But the 2 power pro jets in foot well of the 345 actually feel better.  Same pumps, same filtration and the same jets.   The 345 also has 2 diverter handles for more variation in controlling the jets from place to place..    8500 is a good price on the 345 may be able to talk em down a bit or throw in a lifter/steps or what not..      I also know the jets in the 345 are nicer than what the chelsee offers, the J-345 jets are more in-line with the 880 series of the Sundance line..   Both are solid spa's but I give the edge to the 345, and not just because I sell Jacuzzi, I worked for a Sundance dealer as well!      Wet test if you can, if not you will not be disappointed with either!   

mjb

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 09:57:40 am »
All of the spas mentioned are of great quality.
A test-soak will help you decide which of these
hot tubs is best for you.
We've seen plenty of buyers choose one particular
spa on display, then switch to another after taking
 a wet-test.

Gillian

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »
We bought a Jacuzzi 365 ten months ago.  The foot dome is a great place to put your feet and/or anchor yourself while the jets are on, especially nice for petite people.  The J365 has a nice large cool down seat and is 2 inches deeper than the J345. We rarely have more than 2 people in the hot tub at a time, even though we are a family of five. So the smaller J345 would have been fine for us, also.  We don't have a stereo.  I wouldn't want a built in stereo, as I prefer peace and quiet! We did not wet test. I'd only been in 2 hot tubs prior to this purchase: a Sundance Optima and a round wood fired hot tub in the middle of Idaho (Deadwood Outfitters). We have been very happy with our Jacuzzi!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 07:23:40 am »
Welcome to the forum.  I recently went through the same scenario, but I haven't seen the Chelsea, or the Bill, or the Hilliary.  We were choosing between a Sundance, HS, and a Jacuzzi 365. I liked the 365, but my wife floated in it and couldn't sit comfortably.  While I'm the one in the family with the bad hips and back, its usually women that really need to wet test.  She would have been very unhappy in the 365 and since 99.9% of the time we are soaking together, that would have been a disaster.  We ended up with a Sundance Majesta after wet testing.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 07:23:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42