What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A newbie shock question - please forgive!  (Read 4155 times)

ezzo

A newbie shock question - please forgive!
« on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:41 pm »
Hello, I put in 1 and a half tablespoons of  Non chlorine Shock Granuals and lets the filters do their work for a few hours. The water is now clear and so I was wondering how long I have to wait before getting in after using Non Chlorine Shock Granuals. The guy at the spa show said 12 hours but I keep reading thats its ok after 15 minutes. Im a bit befuzzled!?!?  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

A newbie shock question - please forgive!
« on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:41 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: A newbie shock question - please forgive!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 02:57:15 pm »
rather than adding product and getting into the spa I would add your shock after you soak at the end of the night or on a day your not using the spa.  When adding the shock keep your cover open and run the jets for approx. 10 minutes

ezzo

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »
Thanks for the speedy answer :) Should I add shock after every spa session or just twice a week?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 04:24:28 pm »
Thanks for the speedy answer :) Should I add shock after every spa session or just twice a week?

I add small amounts of chlorine after soaking (general rule of thumb is 1.5 tsp. per person/per use) and shock once a week

goneaway

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:13:20 am »
On my bottle NCS, it says 15 minutes, but I like to give it an hour or two at least.
For instance, I'd shock early on Saturday morning, knowing that i'll probably be in there in the afternoon.

friendofbear

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 06:31:08 pm »
Get a test kit and follow the instructions, you will quickly learn the amounts and wait times for a comfortable chlorine level.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »
15 minutes should be fine for non-chlorine shock, although i do subscribe to the after soak dosage method myself.  in some situations (like the silver ion low chlorine formula) you have to put the shock in before.  in that 15 minutes, with the jets running and the cover off, the oxidizer will pretty much be all gassed off before you soak. 

if you want to try the after soak dosing leisure time makes a great new product, replenish.  it is a blend of chlorine and non-chlorine shock.  it seems to me to be the perfect mix to most effectively remove the contaminents that result from a soak in the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42