What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: looking at another sundance tub  (Read 3297 times)

mattwelke

looking at another sundance tub
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »
Hey guys my sundance dealer let me know of a refirbished 1999 cameo they have on their floor. I stopped by today to check it out and they are asking 4850 + tax. Its in great shape apart from the wood cabinate needing some light paint but all is in working order. Comes with a one year part warrenty new cover and chemical kit are included.
So i told them im pretty strict on my budget of $4000. And they wouldnt budge. I said well thats probably going to male me walk away. I said what if you dropped the warrenty(since its refurbished i likely wont have any issue anyways) and they said 4500 tax included. I said id think about it. I got a email back saying they would now take the chemical kit out of the deal.

I already feel that even 4000 is too much

I am in canada so sundance seems to be priced higher hear already but i totally feel like im being ripped off. Any thoughts on this situation. Would appreciate feedback from canadians as the market is different here but all are welcome. I like the tub but for ita age..i feel like walking instead of soaking.

Hot Tub Forum

looking at another sundance tub
« on: June 11, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: looking at another sundance tub
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:16:47 pm »
Hey guys my sundance dealer let me know of a refirbished 1999 cameo they have on their floor. I stopped by today to check it out and they are asking 4850 + tax. Its in great shape apart from the wood cabinate needing some light paint but all is in working order. Comes with a one year part warrenty new cover and chemical kit are included.
So i told them im pretty strict on my budget of $4000. And they wouldnt budge. I said well thats probably going to male me walk away. I said what if you dropped the warrenty(since its refurbished i likely wont have any issue anyways) and they said 4500 tax included. I said id think about it. I got a email back saying they would now take the chemical kit out of the deal.

I already feel that even 4000 is too much

I am in canada so sundance seems to be priced higher hear already but i totally feel like im being ripped off. Any thoughts on this situation. Would appreciate feedback from canadians as the market is different here but all are welcome. I like the tub but for ita age..i feel like walking instead of soaking.

I'm surprised they didn't take your first offer of $4k (or at least countered with maybe $4300) and even more surprised they didn't take your second offer of $4000 without the warranty (which I wouldn't have made personally). Stand firm and let them see if someone will pay that much.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mattwelke

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:38:59 pm »
Well i possibly would have settled at 4500 but them changing their minds after they an agreed price kinda ticked me off. I mean the retail cost on the chemicals is $250. probably dealer cost is under 100.

Maybe ill find a nice deal in the classifieds. Keeping my eye open.

I saw a 2003 optima go for 3000 the other day. Of course it was sold the next dayand i missed that one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:49:37 pm by mattwelke »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 06:48:51 pm »
Even for Canada 4850.00 for a 13 year old spa is too high..  You offering 4000 should have been taken, but now they are taking the chems out not a huge deal but still.. 

Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 07:28:55 pm »
Yep, way too high for a 13 year old tub.

mattwelke

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:34:48 am »
Thanks very much for the replies you guys comfirmed my feelings.
Im a first time hot tub buyer so right now im only trying to stay with a quality brand since im looking for a older tub.
Around here we have a lot of beachcombers laying around the used market. Im talking to a few 550x owners with tubs for sale around 3000 mark and below. Are they as comparable with a cameo? One of the tubs has a hush pump upgrade and the other has a ez lifter installed (which would be great for my wife to use as she is small at 5'3 and im 6'2.

They both have similar seating configurations. Would i be happier with a beach comber and 1500 in my pocket?
I believe the sundance would offer a better therapy experience and 2 pumps vs 1 so more power in the sundance. Can i only have half the jets on at a time on the beachcomber?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:03:17 am by mattwelke »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:34:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42