What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leveling my hot tub with the Spa Level-R?  (Read 6855 times)

Grandee622

Leveling my hot tub with the Spa Level-R?
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »
     I'm am presently waiting (2 more weeks )  for my Hotsprings Spa (Grandee) to be delivered. I have a stamped concreted patio. The electrician came to my home and noticed that I have a slight pitch for water run off. I did some research and found this product on line called the Spa Level-R     http://www.thespalevel-r.com/faq.html   Does anyone have any knowledge of and or experience with this product? Anyone have any other suggestions? 

Hot Tub Forum

Leveling my hot tub with the Spa Level-R?
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »

JohnnyK45

Re: Leveling my hot tub with the Spa Level-R?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 01:25:11 pm »
I have a little pitch on my slab where my tub is and it is not an issue - little pitch to one side and then the one corner.  As long as you can keep water just above the jets on the high side and go in without water spilling out over the pitched side, you'll be fine.  For our tub, I positioned our filter in-take where the slab starts to pitch a little - although our tub is round, so I have total flexibility in spinning the tub into whatever position I want with regards to positioning the filter.

If you scroll to the 3rd photo below, you can somewhat see how the tub slightly pitches to the right and it pitches down towards the bottom of the photo as well.  No problems, the concrete is solid and flat across the surface, which is important.  Now, you if you have some massive pitch, then that could be tricky, as water may always empty out over that side when people enter the tub and thus, leave your high side too low with respects to some of your jets.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,16101.0.html

J

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 01:37:06 pm »
Just an FYI for you, Quoted directly from the Hot Spring Pre-Delivery Guide...."The Grande must not be shimmed in any manner"

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 06:15:00 pm »
How far off level is it?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 06:15:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42