What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How long does your hot tub filter?  (Read 2902 times)

Mattshfd

How long does your hot tub filter?
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:17:13 am »
Hi, I have bought and owned a new Caldera Palmar Highland Spa now for 6 months.  I use bromine and the spa has a pleated filter cartridge.  Here is my big question...how long does you spa filter for?  Per my owners manual my spa is filtering 6 hours twice a day...12 hours total! That seems like a lot to me.  I live in the north east so we have cold cold winters and hot summers.  I would like to cut my filtering down...maybe in half.  Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

How long does your hot tub filter?
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:17:13 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: How long does your hot tub filter?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:24:24 am »
I appreciate what you are trying to do, but asking others will not get you any useful information. They may have very different water, use patterns, environment around the spa, wind, rain, ag lands or busy roads nearby, etc.

Simple answer: cut it WAY down, and see how clean/clear it stays. I have only sold a handful of tubs which had 'filter cycles,' as most of our tubs filter 24/7. But I always tell those customers, "try the shortest filter cycle possible, and increase it slightly untill you like what you see."

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 11:26:07 am »
Hi, I have bought and owned a new Caldera Palmar Highland Spa now for 6 months.  I use bromine and the spa has a pleated filter cartridge.  Here is my big question...how long does you spa filter for?  Per my owners manual my spa is filtering 6 hours twice a day...12 hours total! That seems like a lot to me.  I live in the north east so we have cold cold winters and hot summers.  I would like to cut my filtering down...maybe in half.  Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thats a factory default that is far more than needed as you have figured out. They don't know who'll own the spa so they err on the high side obviously. If it were a family of 8 with some being teenage girls then two 6 hr cycles per day might be fine but thats the exception. If you are a light user in the total number of people using it per week then maybe you could get away with a drop to two 2 hr cycles but start a little higher. For most I'd say start with two 3 hour filter cycles per day and see how that works. You may need to experiment some to find what works best for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 11:26:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42