What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Diagram of Hot Springs Bengal ozinator  (Read 4321 times)

Konagal

Diagram of Hot Springs Bengal ozinator
« on: September 18, 2013, 04:55:35 am »
I had someone supposedly fixing the heater on my 1999 Hot Springs Bengal and he apparently messed up some stuff in the equipment area. The guy who just came out to correctly install a new heater can't figure out what's happening with the ozone system. He says some of the tubing has been cut, I don't have the constant small bubbles coming up, and there's a loose male plug with no apparent female place to plug it in. He wants to put it back together/correct the mess-up but isn't sure where to start. I haven't been able to find a diagram online that might show where the parts of the ozone system would be (what's connected to what, particularly where this odd male plug connects). Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Diagram of Hot Springs Bengal ozinator
« on: September 18, 2013, 04:55:35 am »

goneaway

Re: Diagram of Hot Springs Bengal ozinator
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 06:45:10 am »
I did a quick Google search and came up with an IQ 2020 control panel.
The following link shows number 11 as being the Ozone connector.

http://www.backyardplus.com/spa-serial-number-search.php?sn=VV-2-G-2293&cat=1&page=4

Might be relevent. ??

goneaway

« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:48:18 am by keat63 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 01:50:12 pm »
If your ozone is original, it is most likely not putting out any ozone anymore anyway. If you replace it (I sell JED as well as the Watkins "FreshWater III" and both seem to work well) you can simply connect the flag connectors right to the mother board without any receptacle or plug. That is how the new tubs connect, and the IQ mother board has the ozone connectors clearly marked near the lower RH corner. Not all units

The new ozone system should come complete with all new tubing, and it's simple to connect it all up. Look at the instructions with your new ozone unit, and do NOT try to copy anything you have now: it sounds like it got a bit messed up so assume it is all wrong and start from scratch.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 01:50:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42