What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Trespassing kids  (Read 5973 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Trespassing kids
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »
Did I mention in Sept we will become grandparents for the first time?  The timing will be about right as I'm about to take a couple of kids out soon.  Kidding of course.  For the first time in 10 years we have problems with kids getting into our hot tub.  First we found a hamburger bun floating in the tub one night.  Later I found girls lip gloss in the filter compartment. I put up a security camera and caught the kids. It was the ones I suspected.  We have two drug dealers in the neighborhood in rentals and it is their daughters.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Trespassing kids
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »

kurt6137

Re: Trespassing kids
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »
I truly feel for you. It is just another sign of the times, when parents do not instill any respect or judgement in their children. I hope they are given a punishment, that is fitting the crime, but knowing the parents, they will probably blame you for having the hot tub, lol...god I hate this society now, terrible thing to say, but I have no faith in the human race.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:19:32 am »
I have had many of our customers with similar experiences - mostly the ones who live right along the ocean and face the beach. The odd thing is, most of them live in gated communities, so it is usually a surfer or diver who put into the water some distance away and brings in the sand and other oddities with them.

One of them asked us to install a set of new locks on the cover fasteners: we did and they cut the straps. We put on a pair of 'hurricane straps,' and they cut those. The home owner put some eye-bolts around the tub and put cables with padlocks on them to hold the lid down.

That time they pulled it all out, and took the cover with them when they left.

That hose was for sale ( the owner lived two doors down) so we just shut off the heat and put a new cover in place, unlocked.

That was the end of it as far as I know.

Others have installed security lights (which they can switch OFF when they want to use their own hot tub). If you do that, or if you install those automated sprinklers (see below) be sure they are up out of reach or they will simply be trashed and the hot tub still used.

8)

http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-Enforcer-Activated-Deterrent-Sprinkler/dp/B009F1R0GC
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:45:01 am »
When the mom got home, I spoke with her yesterday and she assured me she would talk to the girls. I took over the box of the security camera I put up and told her I had caught them red handed.  Hopefully it will stop. I haven't seen her husband since fall, he may be in jail.  As I was talking to her, I looked down and saw a syringe on the ground, I didn't want to be obvious and check it out.  We will see how it goes. I'm leaving for vacation in 3 weeks, I may drain the tub if it looks like it will be above freezing all week.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 10:24:31 am »
Such a bummer. At the very least, don't put any chlorine in just before you go ...

And plan a full decontamination when you return... :o

8)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »
 To bad you can't put some kind of hard core dye in there.   

JohnnyK45

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:05:25 pm »
Perhaps you can have a neighbor keep an eye on things while you're gone and call the cops if he or she sees people in your tub.

J

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 01:25:50 am »
Oh, and congratulations on becoming Grandpa Bill!

;D :D ;D :D

8)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 03:47:41 pm »
When the mom got home, I spoke with her yesterday and she assured me she would talk to the girls. I took over the box of the security camera I put up and told her I had caught them red handed.  Hopefully it will stop. I haven't seen her husband since fall, he may be in jail.  As I was talking to her, I looked down and saw a syringe on the ground, I didn't want to be obvious and check it out.  We will see how it goes. I'm leaving for vacation in 3 weeks, I may drain the tub if it looks like it will be above freezing all week.

I am available to house sit.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 04:12:05 pm »

I am available to house sit.

You might be able to do it from home, I need to work on getting the camera visible outside of my local router.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 04:29:31 pm »
That would be AWESOME! Access remote access to your camera, and an aimable water cannon operable via the net. I'd put in a shift or two keeping watch for you.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

meriflower

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »
Have you seen one of these, the Covana?  I haven't but it looks like it's only accessible with a key and would keep out unwanted visitors.

http://www.sterlingcovana.com/index.html

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42