What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Select Constance vs. Majesta  (Read 6868 times)

Jamie in Kentucky

Sundance Select Constance vs. Majesta
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:18 pm »
I can get a really good deal on either of these 2011 floor models and plan to wet test later this week.

Haven't really seen many reviews on the Constance but it seems REAL energy efficient.

Neither one has ClearRay since they are older models, but I'll get the full 5 year warranty.

Should the absence of ClearRay be a deal breaker?

The Majesta has the JBL sound system, I don't necessarily want or need a sound system, but it's a good deal on a floor model.

Any crazy issues with the JBL sound system?

I've also been looking at a Jacuzzi 245, but am concerned that it has a shorter warranty than the Sundance Select Constance or the Majesta.

I can get the Select Constance for the same price as a brand new Jacuzzi 245. The Majesta for $1200 more.

I have never owned a spa, but have always wanted one... After our home was destroyed last year by a tornado, I promised myself I would get one when we rebuilt.

So, we are moved in... Getting a pad poured and 240v 60a wired!

Anyone have any insights or thoughts on which model would be the best out of this group?

Thanks!

Jamie

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Select Constance vs. Majesta
« on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:18 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance Select Constance vs. Majesta
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 11:42:40 pm »
Yeah well the Jacuzzi J-245 has a different warranty because it's in a different series as the Sundance..    If you look at the 600 series of Sundance it's the same as the 200.      If you can get a Constance for the same price as the  J-245 don't walk, but run to buy it. Same with the Majestic for 1200 more.   

Jamie in Kentucky

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:08:12 am »
Jim,

Should I be concerned about either of these tubs not having ClearRay? How well do these integrated sound systems stand the test of time?

Thanks!

Jamie

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:01:57 am »
Welcome to the forum.  As a Majesta owner, I can't really say anything good or bad about Clear-ray.  I do love the tub though.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:25 am »
Jim,

Should I be concerned about either of these tubs not having ClearRay? How well do these integrated sound systems stand the test of time?

Thanks!

Jamie

While I like ClearRay and it works well, I think a std ozonator is just as good also.   See if they will throw one in..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:23 pm »
Jim,

Thanks!

Jamie

Get the spa that is right for you, whichever of the two it may be. ClearRay isn'nt new technology and its effectiveness in hot tubs is debateable so its really not anything you will miss IMO. If its included in the hot tub thats fine, if its it not there you won't be able to tell the difference to any noticeable degree.

Go with your gut based on what you like about each tub and which dealer you prefer if you indeed see a difference.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 02:32:44 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:44:01 pm »
Stereos never hold up in hot tubs no matter what the brand.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:44:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42