What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot spring sovereign 1. 1993. Help with pump issues  (Read 1559 times)

BretK

Hot spring sovereign 1. 1993. Help with pump issues
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »
Hello,

I just got this tub. It is in great shape, except when I push the jet button or the timed jet button nothing happens.  The circulating pump is working, and the ozone tor is putting out bubbles, the light works and when I turn the thermostat up I hear the heater relay click, but there is no click when I push the jet button.  The red light comes on when I push the timed jet button tho.  Do I need a new relay or rectifier?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot spring sovereign 1. 1993. Help with pump issues
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »

Kev B

Re: Hot spring sovereign 1. 1993. Help with pump issues
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:12:37 am »
 By simply guessing on a forum like this it can make you spend more money than is needed. There is a procedure for troubleshooting that identifies a problem. I will tell you that only once have I ever needed to replace a bridge rectifier. A relay could be the problem, is there voltage trying to activate it? If so it is bad, if it is activated, then it may be a bad motor, if no voltage to relay then we need to know why.
 All of this would take 5 minutes to determine. Good luck

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Hot spring sovereign 1. 1993. Help with pump issues
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:12:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42