What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Seating Numbers  (Read 11044 times)

limbery

Re: Hot Tub Seating Numbers
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:28 am »
I've always compared hot tubs to tents....when they say "sleeps 4"...means 2 nice and comfortably....the Max number is always just that....you can get them in but you wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 12:17:28 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 07:12:53 am »
The last photo is a cruise ship hot tub, an area I have some expertise  ;)  On 2/9 Carnival's Freedom  was a clothing optional cruise. There would have been some interesting hot tub pics there.

I heard they canceled the cougar cruse.....

At the risk of alienating someone, I heard it was the Bear Cruise.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

vangoghsear

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 08:18:34 am »
I have to admit, I didn't have time to read each post fully, but skimmed through, so this point may have already been made.  Another issue is water displacement. 

Mine is advertised as 4-5 people, it is a 6' dia. Bullfrog 151R.  I've had 4 people in comfortably and there is a spot between some jets that can act as a seat that gets some water action from adjacent jets, it's one of my favorite locations actually, yet if 5 larger people used it at once, the water level would have to start off below the fill line to stay in the tub.  After having 4 average size adults in the tub one night starting with the water at the fill line, I had to add water the next day to make up for splash out.

bimmerdog

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 05:54:18 pm »
I have to admit, I didn't have time to read each post fully, but skimmed through, so this point may have already been made.  Another issue is water displacement. 

Mine is advertised as 4-5 people, it is a 6' dia. Bullfrog 151R.  I've had 4 people in comfortably and there is a spot between some jets that can act as a seat that gets some water action from adjacent jets, it's one of my favorite locations actually, yet if 5 larger people used it at once, the water level would have to start off below the fill line to stay in the tub.  After having 4 average size adults in the tub one night starting with the water at the fill line, I had to add water the next day to make up for splash out.

Great post.  Didn't even think about that part of the whole equation. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 05:54:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42