What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: the link between diverter valve and ozone jet  (Read 2477 times)

van damme

the link between diverter valve and ozone jet
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:10:29 pm »
Hi,
I would like to double check something.  I recently bought an LA spa and had in the beginning trouble with the ozonator, the problem was that I could not see the bubbles.

My spa works on a dual speed system, meaning that low speed of pump 1 is used for filter cycles and heating, and the ozonator (mazzei injection) is also connected to this pump.  Ozone will happen every time pump one low speed is turned on, either during heating or filtering.

I was trying for months to figure out why I could not see any bubbles coming out of the ozone jet at the foot well of the tub.  The ozonator seemed to work fine, light burns, they did some testing on the ozonator itself.  They found no problem with it.  Untill recently I discovered that the answer could be much easier.

I do have a diverter valve on top of the jacuzzi making it possible to shift the power of pump one from the upper jets to the lower jet, which is the ozone jet.  Whenever I shift the power completely to the right, meaning with full power on the ozone jet, I suddenly got all the champaign bubbles I could ever wanted!  I then also get that typical little "sucking" sound. 
If I leave the diverter valve in the middle (as I was told by the dealer to do so every time I closed the spa), then there is no sound, no bubbles, nothing when Pump 1 is running at low speed.  When pump 1 is at full speed, then I do get the bubbles, but as for filtration, the spa uses pump one low speed, I feel that I have to leave the diverter valve to the far right in order to get the ozone out.

Does this sound normal to you, owners of a spa with dual speed pump?

Hot Tub Forum

the link between diverter valve and ozone jet
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:10:29 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: the link between diverter valve and ozone jet
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »
The dealer told you to turn the diverter to the middle so that during fiilering all the water in the houses gets moved some and doesn't just sit there. However it seems that doesn't give you enough flow in your ozone jet for it to be able to create a venturi effect and draw air/ozone through the injector. I'm not sure why the ozone jet isn't plumbed directly but since this is not the case I would hope you can find a middle ground so that you turn the diverter enough to the right to get the flow needed to get "bubbles" but not fully to the right so even just a small amount of water still flows through the other side of the diverter to avoid stagnent water.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: the link between diverter valve and ozone jet
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42