What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: strange well water observation  (Read 2357 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
strange well water observation
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:43 pm »
So trying to get ahead of the cold in SE Pa, I drained and cleaned out my hot tub the other day. Many other complications that day prevented me from doing anything but a refill and a very quick strip test of my unfiltered well water test at 54 degrees. The next day when the tub had heated, I repeated my test and found that there was a change in my ph as well as alkalinity..and the water was now almost perfect!!! The only thing that I had done was add a sequestering agent as the tub filled to get the iron out.  I took my strips and water sample to my dealer who basically confirmed that the water was almost perfect, and my strips matched the computerized testing that they perform...but that was quite a change from the water that I tested at 54 degrees about 20 hours before. I have had this same thing occur with my fish tank water and I use elaborate water testing methods. So geniuses of the chemistry world..could it be:
The temperature?
The fact that oxygen is allowing some sort of chemical changes in the well water..maybe allowing something to dissolve? 
I guess that I want to know because I will do this every time from now on..it took very little adjustment to get my water spot on..and that has never been the case before. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

strange well water observation
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:25:43 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: strange well water observation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »
It is quite common for well water to be different from one year/month/week or even day to day. Happens to me all the time and things like wet or dry weather effect it a lot. During the winter is the one time that it seems to stay pretty consistent for a few moths after the ground is frozen.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: strange well water observation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42