What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J350 Dead ?  (Read 7237 times)

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jacuzzi J350 Dead ?
« on: January 01, 2013, 01:17:49 pm »
Hi All.  Happy New Year.

I have a J350 which has been used for the last sevral  nights with no problems.

Today, I went to turn the temp upi to take a soak later and the display is completely blank/dead.

Nothing is working.

I checked the main breaker and it is fine... not tripped.

What can I check next?

Are there some internal fuses I can look at on the control board or in-line ?

If it's nothing simple... I have to call for service before it gets really cold.  Thankfully, the local temperatures in my area are supposed to be in the 40's for the next several days.

Any suggestion are appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J350 Dead ?
« on: January 01, 2013, 01:17:49 pm »

clover

Re: Jacuzzi J350 Dead ?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 02:28:34 pm »
Indications are you have no power to the spa. 

First check the GFCI by pushing the "Test Button", if it trips you have power up to that point and it could be the main line fuse in the control box in the EQ area.  If it does not trip, you have no power to your GFCI and need to reset your main breaker. 
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 02:34:58 pm »
Hi Clover.

I was able to trip and reset my main gfi breaker on my panel, so I believe I have power thru the breaker and to the tub.

What type of main fuse is inside the EQ area?

What should I look for.

If it is the main fuse inside the tub, one concern is that there was probably some reason the fuse blew so I would have to fugure that out.

But occasionally, fuses do blow becasue of some sort of power spike and even a slight brownout.

If it's the fure, I can at least try to replace it one time to see if it blows again.

Thank for the help.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 11:30:27 pm »
 It's a slow blow fuse 20 or 25 amp, first place to start.    It's on the circuit board, green with silver tips. 

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 08:25:30 am »
Jacuzzi Jim,

THANKS !   I'll try to open the tub panel up when I get home from work today and take a look.

I'll try checking the fuses before I call for service, it "may" save me some bucks.

Regards, Tim

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 07:16:36 pm »
Hi everyone.

As a follow up, I wanted to let you know how I made out.

I pulled the side cover off the tub tonight and opened up the control panel box.

Located the main fuse, which was a Bussmann SC-30 slow blow.

I checked the continuity with my meter and determined it was blown.

After about 30 minutes on the phone with various stoes in my area, to my surprise, my local Home Depot had them in stock.

I ran over to the store and picked them up... popped one of them in the tub and flipped the breaker back on.

It started running !!!!!

The display was reading "ICE"  "ICE"   "ICE", but the water temp was showing 81 degrees.

After about 5 minutes the "ICE" warning disappeared and the tub seems OK..... for now.

I'm going to check it several times tonight to make sure the fuse doesn't blow again.

While at work today, I did call my local Jacuzzi dealer but they didn't have the fuses in stock at the store closest to me, but they did offer to have the service tech drop one off at the closest store on Friday.

They told me that if all the power was out, it was probably that fuse and to try it first before I spent $135 just on the service call.

So far...  I'm Happy !

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 08:16:32 pm »
 Glad it worked!   Fuse could have blown for various reasons, so hard to say if there is an underlying problem.    You will probably be fine!

And your welcome  ;)   

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:32 am »
I checked the tub this morning and it's still running and the temp is holding at the 90 deg. temperature I usually set it at when we are not using it and the pumps are working.

Thanks again to all for the help !

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42