What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP! New to the forum, trying to help my parents out!  (Read 5681 times)

KMW685

HELP! New to the forum, trying to help my parents out!
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:29:05 pm »
Greetings everyone! So glad there is a great hot tub resource out there! So here is the background:

My parents are in the market for a new hot tub as theirs broke a few years back. Last week they went into our local hot springs dealer, we've been dealing with them for over 10 years and my sister used to work there as well, so needless to say we have a decent relationship with them.

They come back with a hot springs book and a written quote for a Highlife Prodigy with the ACE Salt water system.... for $10,192 out the door  :o While this might not be a bad quote, for what they are truly wanting, i felt this was rather high. They just want a medium sized tub, with a salt system and and a good warranty

They seem to be under the impression that this is their best bet for what they want. Now, i wasn't there when they were talking to the salesperson but I just felt sort of weirded out about it. After doing some research here (thanks!) and some of my own research I found the Limelight bolt which can also use the ACE system, so I take them back to the store to have a look. They have zero problem with the bolt and were quoted about $2000 less for the bolt with the ace system after i asked the salesmen about it. Whatever the prodigy had over the bolt, they were quite okay with giving up. Like i said, their wants were: The warranty, the ACE system and a medium sized tub (about 4 people).

So my questions are:

-How is the Limelight bolt? any major downsides we are missing?
-Is the ACE system worth it? They quoted us $1,200 on the ACE system for either hot tub (included in the price above), is this a fair price? It seemed like a fairly simple install from what i saw if it was purchased elsewhere. They really liked the thought of not as much chemicals
-Does Jacuzzi brand offer a system like the ACE? I didn't know if there was another brand that could offer a good warranty with a salt system around the $8000 price range they were quoted (or cheaper).

Their "quote" is good until Wednesday as they have a really good financing offer. I'm trying to help them through this process as I don't think the salesmen was really giving them all their options and they were about to drop an extra $2000 more than they really needed to as the bolt met all their requirements. 

Hot Tub Forum

HELP! New to the forum, trying to help my parents out!
« on: November 18, 2012, 06:29:05 pm »

metalmann

Re: HELP! New to the forum, trying to help my parents out!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 09:51:15 pm »
hello
I bought a hotsprings vista got it running yesterday. I was torn between the ace system or the ozone. I ended up going with the ozone. I was quoted 625.00 and 895.00 installed from two different dealers. I was also quoted 8000.00 for the grande or vista (once a year sale) 2000.00 cheaper than any other dealer. These are the most expensive tubs in the highlife series.

KMW685

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:58:05 pm »
Thanks for the info.You were quoted 625 and 895 for the ACE system from two different dealers? Just wanted to make sure I'm reading this right.

I know the tubs themselves can cost different depending on region, and there isn't another hot springs store within 100 miles willing to ship it. But, I can't imagine the ACE system would have various markups.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:32 am »
hello
I bought a hotsprings vista got it running yesterday. I was torn between the ace system or the ozone. I ended up going with the ozone. I was quoted 625.00 and 895.00 installed from two different dealers. I was also quoted 8000.00 for the grande or vista (once a year sale) 2000.00 cheaper than any other dealer. These are the most expensive tubs in the highlife series.

wow, good score :o :o is he having a going out of business sale? I'm no business genius but I would think its kind of hard to keep the doors open selling items below cost, but hey whatever works for him I guess

metalmann

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:06:42 pm »
hello
It wasnt a going out of business sale. and the proof is sitting in my backyard. brand new vista tub. The 625.00 price on the ace system was a promo 50 percent off from watkins.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:14:37 pm »
That is an extremely low pric on the vista. I'm not a dealer but I do know what the hot springs dealers charge up my way. That tub is going for between 11k and 12k in New England. The ace system is close to 1500 over here.  You definitely got a great deal but a dealer with low margins like that is going to have a hard time staying in business

metalmann

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 05:41:48 pm »
hello
they have been selling hotsprings for 28 years. Nice people everything went beautifully. It was a once a year sale and I got lucky

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:51:09 pm »
hello
It wasnt a going out of business sale. and the proof is sitting in my backyard. brand new vista tub. The 625.00 price on the ace system was a promo 50 percent off from watkins.

the dealer must have been given some free ACE systems from Watkins and passes the savings along, I'm assuming they are a high volume dealer...no business owner with half a brain is going to sell items below cost...either way like I said great score on getting a new Vista + ACE for that price...happy soaking

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 05:51:27 pm »
I don't know what to say, that price is so low I gotta think there's more to it than just a sale but good for you.

metalmann

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 04:47:43 pm »
hello
the ace wasnt included in that price. I ended up going with the ozone system. the cover bracket wasnt included (add 250.00) still a great deal.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 12:07:00 pm »
OK...back to original poster.

Bolt is a great tub.  $1500 to $2000 less than Prodigy makes sense.  Our customers like the ACE system, if they have been trained and do what they need to do.

No other manufacturer has a similar system.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

clover

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 12:52:55 pm »
hello
they have been selling hotsprings for 28 years. Nice people everything went beautifully. It was a once a year sale and I got lucky
WOW, no question about it, judging by the comments of others "who know", it is confirmed you got a great deal, so you should be pleased with both your choice and your luck.  We are all excited to sell a tub, but many of the dealers do not want to "give them away" at low prices, even if they do double their sales.  In this case it is not about the price you pay, but the price they get. 

That comment is a bit harsh, but if tubs were cheaper, it would kind of leads to more sales.  Which in turn, more sales leads to more work at lower margins meaning less money.  Once delivered, this leads to more customers for aftermarket sales for chems, accessories, and service.  28 years in the business, maybe they have a plan different from others.

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 11:25:38 pm »
Maybe they are high margin pool builders and do not need normal margins for their hot tubs.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 06:00:19 pm »
i like the bolt, and would take it over the prodigy for 2000 less without hesitating.  that being said you should try playing some hardball on your parents behalf.  even though there are no hss dealers within range let him know you are considering some other tubs that they compete with.  let him know its between A and B (or C) and whoever makes the best deal gets the deal. 
the salt is a great product but don't get it if they (or you) can't do the cell cleaning process on a consistent basis. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 06:00:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42