What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub pump help  (Read 2385 times)

wade82

hot tub pump help
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:36:23 am »
hello guys, needing some help and advice if possible, i purchased a used hot tub about a year ago, the price wasnt very much so i felt i did pretty good, and moving it was a bit heavy but we concorded that too;) anyhow, one of the motors for the pumps has kicked the bucket, its kicking the gfi and ive narrowed it down to that one pump " im in the hvac industery so im fimiliar with electrical motors/ components and gfi circuits" anyhow my problem is that this motor is china made, yellow in color 208/230, and has fins on the side im assuming is to disapate the heat. i cant find a model number or anything. i know its a lx series pump and 1.5 hp. im pretty sure its a "tda150?" my local heating and air supplier so happens to be a emerson motors distributor and ive researched and found out emerson seems to make spa/pool motors, i cant find a amp draw on the motor anywere either=\ any advice is greatfully appreciated. thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub pump help
« on: August 22, 2012, 11:36:23 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: hot tub pump help
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:49 am »
Wade,

Welcome to the forum. From what you have said, you will probably find what you are looking here from some our experts and I'm sure your capable of taking advantage of that.  What else can you tell us about the tub.  Make and model as well as any info from the control boxes may help.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wade82

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:06 pm »
I was told Its a "chinas best" brand 5 person i do believe. this pump is not the circulator pump. i guess if needed i can post a picture of the motor when i get home. ive searched endless and t
he exact replacement is from China.

wade82

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 07:24:23 pm »
Ok, after endless time beating my head pulling me hair "needless to say im already going bald as it is" it can be seen at chinabestproducts.com its model is a m-3301. Simply googling m-3301 shows the tub. Apparently i was wrong, its a 2hp motor, but its not showing me much detail about the motor... any help is appreciated:-)
Thanks,
Steven

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 07:24:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42