What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New User - Please Help!!!  (Read 8097 times)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: New User - Please Help!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 01:09:05 am »
To answer your question, you concrete should be at least 4" thick.
Brewman

It is also a good idea to put some rienforcing wire in it as well to ensure against cracking.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 01:09:05 am »

Tubber

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 06:08:37 am »

Tubber, when you say "big bills," how big?

Thanks again.

Every dealer is going to give you an estimated electric cost. A Sundance Spa in New England with an ambient temp of 43 degree, paying .11 cents a KWH running the circ pump, filter cycles as programmed from manufacturer. Using the tub 4 times a weeks runnings the pumps 20 to 30 minutes each time will cost just over a $1.00 a day on average a little more in the winter less in the summer.

I was shown the electric cost on a Coast Spa which said it would cost a $1.00 a day to run on average. The difference being the ambient temp was in the 70's, the KWH was at .7 cents, I'm not sure if it was the filter or the actual user times they had not accounted for either but it was one of the two.

If that Cameo you wet tested had a 5 or 7 HP motor and you sat in the therapy. You would have been blown across the tub, and most likely hurt as the manifold system, large jets and soft plumbed angles only need 2.5 HP motors for deep tissue therapy.  If you want a powerful tub like the Coast look at Master Spas.

Just my 2 cents

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2004, 06:08:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42