What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima filter/circ pump  (Read 3258 times)

pskkd930

Optima filter/circ pump
« on: July 25, 2012, 02:23:54 pm »
We just recently purchased a 2012 Optima and I'm confused about the filter cycle.  I have it set on standard and the filter cycle is set to start at midnight and run for 12 hours(that's just what it was set to when we got it).  However, when I go check it around 8AM it's not running and so far I haven't seen it run at all except when we first plugged it in and it heated up the water.

I've read in the manual that a summer logic can occur if the tub gets 2 degrees over the set temp.  I have it set at 94 and it's hot here so it's very possible it's hitting that condition in the middle of the night, but when I look at it in the morning, it still reads 94. My question is, once it hits summer logic does it just skip the rest of the filter cycle?  I don't see that anywhere in the manual, but that seems like it might be what it's doing.

I actually tried to modify the duration of the filter cycle this afternoon and after I had increased the duration to 14 hours it kicked on.  So that makes sense, but I'm not sure why it wasn't on anytime after 8AM.

Hot Tub Forum

Optima filter/circ pump
« on: July 25, 2012, 02:23:54 pm »

goose973

Re: Optima filter/circ pump
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 05:31:28 pm »
I have a 2012 sundance certa (780 series, I know), and the factory default filter cycle where the jet pumps run is 30 minutes every 12 hours.  Besides that, the default setting for the small filtration pump is that it runs 24/7 unless the water gets 2 degrees above the set temp. Aka summer logic as you described. We've been having a lot of 90+ degree days here. With my tub set for 95, it often shuts down the small pump because it climbs to 97 during the day.

goose973

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 05:34:10 pm »
Forgot to mention that my circ pump WILL restart once it comes back to the set temp.

pskkd930

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:01:08 pm »
Thank you for the response.  I'm hoping by changing the logic maybe I'll "reset" something and it will start working the way it's supposed to tonight.  The dealer is coming out on Friday to give me a tutorial so hopefully if it's still a problem he'll be able to see it when he gets here.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic tub and I have no complaints.  I just want to make sure I understand everything it's supposed to do so I know when it's not working properly...that's the engineer in me ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:01:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42