What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: California Cooperage 103 Purchased!  (Read 7845 times)

California Cooperage 103 Purchased!
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:58:27 am »
Well after looking around for the last 2 months I picked up a Maax Spas California Cooperage 103 today. They are delivering it this week.

We first started looking at larger square shaped tubs then changed over to the smaller round models. They are less expensive and simpler, which is what we decided we wanted.

I checked out Jacuzzi J-210 and Sundance Denali, as well as  Coast Spas (they didn't have the round Seabreeze in stock though and it was a tad small spec wise).

I also called the Bullfrog Dealer about the 151 R but they are in another city and although they said they'd honor the warranty, they stated I'd have to pay for their gas to come down if something needed servicing.

Anyways, the 103 is 81 inches outer diameter, and has a steel frame as well as an ABS bottom which I liked. It has the thermal bluemaax insulation so we'll see how efficient it is overall.  It's a quaint little tub wih few bells and whistles, 11 jets and a lit waterfall but I like it.

We paid under 5k for it, $4995 which includes delivery and the other tubs were all more, aside from the Bullfrog which would have been the same about. The 103 comes with an ozonator as well, they threw that in.

Can't wait. I don't see much about these tubs on here so I'll do a write up after I've used it for a bit.

Hot Tub Forum

California Cooperage 103 Purchased!
« on: June 26, 2012, 12:58:27 am »

d00nut

Re: California Cooperage 103 Purchased!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:12:36 pm »
Let us know about the energy efficiency!  I've seen that "BlueMAAX" stuff in person, and have wondered how effective it really is.  Either way, congratulations and happy soaking!   ;)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:20:04 pm »
 Congrats, sounds like you found what works for you!  Pics are always nice.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »
They should be delivering it this week (I hope). It's not the 2012 model with 16 jets, it's a floor model from last year, but that's OK. I'll let you guys know about efficiency, I'm a bit worried about that.

I'll post pics of the set up when it comes, although I've totally destroyed our yard in the process of building a pad etc. Lotsa dirt got spread everywhere with new grass seed :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 10:08:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42