What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: newbie looking for pricing advice on a used tub  (Read 3269 times)

kosman

newbie looking for pricing advice on a used tub
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:39:45 pm »
Greetings all. 

New to the forum and hot tub ownership.  My wife and I have been thinking about a hot tub for some time and we recently found a used Hot Springs Sovereign in the paper.  2004 Sovereign model with moto massage, cover and lifter, and in very, very nice condition - $1,500.

Is this a decent price for a 7-8yr old tub and anything to really watch in these particular tubs? 

I am fairly mechanical as I work in the HVAC field and understand pumps, heaters, and electrical wiring.

Appreciate any input and thanks for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

newbie looking for pricing advice on a used tub
« on: June 14, 2012, 12:39:45 pm »

sorebikr

Re: newbie looking for pricing advice on a used tub
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 12:50:54 pm »
Since I'm on a lunch break...

I expect the resounding answer you'll receive will be:
1.  Don't buy a tub until you've seen it running full of water.  (maybe you already have)  Otherwise there's no way to tell what condition its in.
2.  Price is set by supply/demand.  So its going to depend what you're looking for, and how many of tubs you can find in this price range.  There's no KBB for hot tubs unfortunately.

g'luck

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:09:06 pm »
I agree with the post above.

Also - be aware that the cover (from HotSpring) will cost you about $400 plus tax. So be sure the cover is in good shape, unless you are already budgeting a replacement.

With a good cover, I would say that is a fair price.

Have fun!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:09:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42