What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with a flooded hot tub  (Read 3148 times)

billman100

Help with a flooded hot tub
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:07:14 am »
So today I picked up a tub for free but the thing is it was flooded sitting in water for about a month. The inside is in great shape and looks untouched. My problem is obviously my circuit board and pumps (3). The Tub is a spamaster model number 3004 downeast spa from 2003. Says down east spas but other than that I dont really know much about it. I pulled it all apart, got the pumps out and the circuit board. I think I will need a new one because what I have looks bad. It is a Balboa 2000LE M7 MAS470 and I havent been able to find the same thing online anywhere. Since I will be starting from scratch do I have to use the same one or can I get a cheaper version that will do the same thing, college kid here. The pumps I dont have any idea if they are will good but I wouldnt think so. They are Sta-Rite 4HP. Can I test them any way without haveing the whole system together? I would really like to get this thing running again for under a grand if that is at all possible. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Phillip

Hot Tub Forum

Help with a flooded hot tub
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:07:14 am »

goose973

Re: Help with a flooded hot tub
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 09:53:38 am »
I'm new to the hot tub world myself, but I'd think you're looking at more than a grand to replace three 4 hp pumps and the controller unless you can find used parts.  Good luck anyway.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:16 am »
I have 'dried out' pump motors by taking them apart completely and using compressed air and then a commercial heat gun to remove the water completely. It is a very time-consuming job, and you should still let the things sit in a warm area for a week to dry any parts you can't get at, put new capacitors and start switch if equipped. And even then, you may not get a running motor out of it.

I have never touched a motor which sat in water as long as your have - I might consider a much larger budget to get that thing going.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:49:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42